Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What Makes You Happy

(34 Posts)
Parcs Wed 08-Apr-15 18:42:41

I am so interested in this subject and even thought of writing a book about the subject.

I know that it is a personal thing and what makes me happy may not make you happy, but it would be interesting to find out what does make people happy, not just smile, but true, deep down Happy.

Maggiemaybe Thu 09-Apr-15 17:08:10

My family, get-togethers with the people I love, baby news/a new baby being born, being by the sea, watching something wonderful on TV with DH and a glass of wine to hand, waking up to perfect English Spring weather as it has been here today, Christmas Day, putting my head on the pillow knowing I don’t have to get up for work in the morning.

Parcs Thu 09-Apr-15 18:11:28

How nice to read all the things that make you happy, It gave me Goosebumps, so lovely[flower]

TwiceAsNice Fri 10-Apr-15 00:02:28

Being with my daughters and grandchildren. Having a day out with my best friend. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Singing in the car to favourite songs on a CD. A new book, a glass of wine, and some chocolate. Watching a favourite TV programme. Summer and buying new sandals. Laughing at some of the posts on Gransnet tonight, the song lyrics were brilliant. Being alive I couldn't do any of these things if I wasn't!

dlgcrclggran Sat 11-Apr-15 13:10:25

I love spending time with my grandchildren
We played ten pin bowls the other day and I won one of the games
Not bad for an eighty year old

pompa Sat 11-Apr-15 13:22:56

Watching grass grow - yes really. My newly re-seeded lawn has just started to get the green haze of new grass seedlings over it.

ohdear Mon 13-Apr-15 14:06:02

Apart from everyday things family, friends and a good day out I really REALLY love getting a new book. A book that I have been waiting for, one from a series I follow and with characters I know. I love that new book smell and I love the anticipation of bringing it home from the shop. I know its easier to get it delivered and I know kindle is less wasteful, but oh I really love a new book! Books make me happy.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 13-Apr-15 14:23:23

My DD cooking me a nice dinner, as she will later today. She uses actual recipes! From the 'puter! shock

Stansgran Mon 13-Apr-15 21:26:03

Finishing a quilt. The smell of the lilac coming into the house. Opening a packet of Fry's Turkish delight.DH being silly.