Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Toddler's poo talk!

(32 Posts)
NanSue Fri 26-Feb-16 13:55:18

My 2 year old DGD has an amazing vocabulary and chats away all day long. However over the last few months she has been driving us all mad with her constant poo talk and it's getting worse, e.g. Me: "what shall we have for lunch today?" Her: "poo". Every question and even statements are met with the word poo, poo poo or poo head. We've tried everything from totally ignoring it (not easy to do in a crowded cafe or shop) to stern telling' off and time out. Nothing is working. I know this is only a phase but have others encountered this and if so how do you cope with it?
She does have an older brother who is 8 and I'm pretty sure he has been the instigator of this. We have told him in no uncertain terms to be careful what he says but the damage has been done.

Galen Sun 13-Mar-16 14:26:53

I've been trying to buy some dinosaur poo ( coprolytes) for my dgd

Deedaa Sun 13-Mar-16 22:01:34

Last year GS1 gave me some dinosaur poo for my birthday. He knew I'd be delighted grin

Ana Sun 13-Mar-16 22:10:05

I'm always amazed and quite perplexed by the number of 'fart joke' birthday cards there are for men on the display in shops...confused

Jalima Sun 13-Mar-16 23:03:32

4 year old DGD still likes talking 'poo'

When DGS (then 6) stayed a couple of years ago he brought with him some whoopee cushions and thought the effect was hilarious!

Nelliemoser Sun 13-Mar-16 23:52:39

My sister who is also into Geology came up to visit me and our mum and dad. She dug in her hand bag and handed our mother some some lumps of dinosoar poo, then told her what it was. Mum sort of squealed and dropped it, her face was a picture. grin
I have never found anything like that. I have not really been to the parts of the UK that have much of the Dinosaur era rocks left.

NanSue Mon 14-Mar-16 19:29:38

I know for sure all of my grandchildren would love to receive a gift of dinosaur Poo!