Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Present for a baby who has everything

(29 Posts)
LullyDully Tue 22-Mar-16 11:24:15

My eldest son and dil are having their second baby any day. When gs was born nearly 2 years ago we splashed out on a bouncy cradle that sung and danced and posh sling to carry him in.

We don't know the baby's gender until it is born ( of which I approve.) I have no idea what we should buy the baby as they have EVERYTHING second time round.
Ideas please. Desperate of Hampshire.

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Mar-16 16:58:19

I think the lack of photos of our generation in their youth was the norm. I've maybe ten of me up to the age of about 15. Very few of my parents and paternal grandparents (none at all of the maternal grandparents, so I'll never know if the DGS favour either of them sad). The DGS can scarcely blink without a photo being taken, but very few ever make it off the phone and into frames, so I'd make sure the photo session includes prints.

Newquay Wed 23-Mar-16 21:22:58

I tried to buy PB for our DGD-what a performance! I sent form off with cheque but DD than had to complete info together with documentation which she didn't do in time. Money was refunded to Bui,ding Society but instead of going into our account, for some reason, it went into a suspense account so I had to chase it round. Finally got the thing bought and assumed I could then just "top it up" each year-oh no nothing that simple-you have to go through the the whole ID process again so that's the end of that idea.

LullyDully Thu 31-Mar-16 19:57:50

Our new Grandson was born yesterday evening. We are very excited that all went well.
That makes 4 gc. Isn't it wonderful that you and DH meet and after a few years other people come from you love.?