Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Please please please help. Does anyone know where DH's sunglasses are?

(90 Posts)
Stansgran Mon 02-May-16 11:37:16

I suggested Scotland but that was not well received .that was in June 2015 that I know he had them. I'm cracking up.

obieone Mon 02-May-16 15:36:03

Same place as DH's wallet, which has been missing for two weeks.
Know how you feel. We have turned the place upside down.

Does he have old glasses and glasses cases? Do you have a place that you keep random travel stuff?
Fallen down the back of a drawer is also a favourite in our household.
Also coat and trouser pockets.
[I feel I am getting rather good at this hunting lark].

ninathenana Mon 02-May-16 15:50:45

Every house has to have a "man drawer" phoenix ours is in the kitchen

phoenix Mon 02-May-16 16:06:31

I know what you mean Nina , as a silly present at Christmas I bought Mr P an object with "man tin" on the front, and "the place where Allen keys go to die".

I would post a link, even though I think it has been posted before, but still have yet to work out how to do it from the Hudl.

Bellanonna Mon 02-May-16 16:13:22

I nearly always find his lost property because I know how his mind works and the kind of places where he leaves things or squirrels them away (latest example a hospital appointment, which I soon found between two books on a bookshelf - he often does this.) Some things take me a bit longer but up I nearly always find them and get a childishly gleeful pleasure out of it! I swear he thinks I've hidden them in the first place ! Conversely it's always a bit annoying when I struggle to open something, which he then smugly opens in two seconds. Bless him.
Hope the sunglasses turn up. Are they posh ones?

Tizliz Mon 02-May-16 16:36:39

In the car we sold (that was OH), bedside cabinet in hospital (that was me) grin

shysal Mon 02-May-16 16:43:59

Saint Anthony is very clever. I remember a story of a lady who lost a ring, but he sent it back to her in her knickers when she went to the loo.

Are they folded up in a garden chair?

Jalima Mon 02-May-16 16:46:00

He's quite modern as well; he found my mobile phone the other week (flat battery so it didn't answer when I phoned it).

MiniMouse Mon 02-May-16 16:48:39

Have you tried looking in the fridge? wink

Jalima Mon 02-May-16 17:15:45

Do you have a 'holiday drawer'
Or a rucksack which he used last time he needed them?
(Along with a map, some old reading glasses, a pac-a-mac, some very old mints, oozing tube of suncream, and plasters for blisters?)

Daddima Mon 02-May-16 18:34:19

Obieone, I remember my friend lost her purse while out shopping,and contacted the police, as she remembered a very " shifty looking" fellow sitting next to her at the station. She gave a detailed description, but didn't hold out much hope.

Two days later, she opened the freezer..............

Frozen purse.

granjura Mon 02-May-16 18:45:11

Our good friend and cleaning lady now lives about 850 miles away- but she is still blamed for everything he mislays... has become a good joke now.

Recently got cleaning help again after 7 years, due to my knee replacement- won't be long before he begins to blame her- ackward as she is our lovely neighbour from next door- see how it goes.

harrigran Mon 02-May-16 18:47:27

I think they might be in the flight bag alongside the first aid kit and guide book.

obieone Mon 02-May-16 18:48:02

grin
To the freezer then I shall go!

nurseymac Mon 02-May-16 18:54:27

Oh dear - hope they turn up soon!! Probably in the car i'm sure!

hildajenniJ Mon 02-May-16 19:06:45

Top left hand drawer of desk. That's where my DH's sunglasses are. I only know this because I went in there to look for a pencil sharpener.
Does anyone know what I did with the pencil sharpener? grin

trisher Mon 02-May-16 19:23:49

They will turn up when it's raining and you are looking for an umbrella.

NanaandGrampy Mon 02-May-16 19:33:11

I know where they are !

At great personal cost I will retrieve them for you.

I'm at the airport now :-) I'll just have a cheeky holiday thrown in !

Jalima Mon 02-May-16 19:53:30

DH always blamed the DC for his keys being missing. Then when they left home he tried to blame me .....
He has a special hook to put them on now, but often can't find one or the other.

I found two pairs of new white school socks in the freezer once - but I can blame the nice lady in Sainsbury's who packed them in a bag with the bread which I put straight into the freezer grin

Liz46 Mon 02-May-16 20:08:24

My grand daughter's ipad went missing. She swore that she had left it on the desk in her bedroom and many hours were wasted by everyone searching for it. I suspected her younger brother of perhaps damaging it and getting rid of the evidence (sorry, sorry, sorry).
Many months later it was found carefully wrapped up in some clothes in one of her drawers.

jogginggirl Mon 02-May-16 20:32:34

I think my mum's got them - but she can't remember where she's put them.... ?

Regalo Mon 02-May-16 21:27:45

In the bottom of the canal making friends with my husband's????????

rosesarered Mon 02-May-16 21:52:30

The strangest thing that we ever lost was a hamster, and it was dead.

Jalima Mon 02-May-16 21:53:25

We lost a couple of hamsters - well, not exactly lost but could not retrieve them for a while.
Thankfully both survived.

rosesarered Mon 02-May-16 21:59:58

Yes,well, we lost live hamsters all the time, but this one was dead and wrapped up on a ledge in the garage waiting for it's cremation. A few days later it had vanished and was never seen again, the wrapping had gone too.

rosesarered Mon 02-May-16 22:02:33

The children liked to think that it had not been dead after all ( it was) and had woken up and fled into a nearby field,trailing wrappings like a mummy.
I think the truth was possibly a bit grimmer.