Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Please please please help. Does anyone know where DH's sunglasses are?

(90 Posts)
Stansgran Mon 02-May-16 11:37:16

I suggested Scotland but that was not well received .that was in June 2015 that I know he had them. I'm cracking up.

trisher Tue 03-May-16 18:26:23

We always ask the house poltergeist to return things- you'd be surprised how often it works.

Nelliemoser Tue 03-May-16 18:28:32

Well this is reassuring, I am not alone. I have well earned reputation for leaving my belongings here there and everywhere.

Could the sunglasses be under my baby grandson's car seat? That's where my mobile turned up, without me ever going anywhere in their car with them that day.

pollyperkins Tue 03-May-16 18:28:44

Bedside drawer, under a lot of other stuff? In side pocket in suitcase ? Probably on the first place you looked!

Gagagran Tue 03-May-16 19:08:57

You will have checked all his outdoor jackets, anoraks etc and their inside pockets?
DH keeps his sunglasses in the car glove box but I know you have already checked that. It's a certainty that they will turn up once you stop looking!

Jalima Tue 03-May-16 19:30:16

I expect his presciption has changed anyway Stansgran!

They could be in the same place as my prescription Varifocals (although I think someone filched mine from a cafe table in Sliema - I expect they had a shock when they tried them! Hope they tripped over a paving slab [naughtythought])

Jalima Tue 03-May-16 19:31:10

I should have said reactolite varifocals
(cost more than any other specs I have ever had)

NotSpaghetti Wed 04-May-16 00:08:44

Surely, they are somewhere with MY husband's sunglasses!

trisher Wed 04-May-16 08:39:58

obviously there is an alternative universe entirely filled with sunglasses. I only buy cheap ones so many of mine have cleared off there.

pollyperkins Wed 04-May-16 09:21:56

They are with all the pens and single socks

AlieOxon Wed 04-May-16 09:30:40

The alternative universe sends back rubber bands and paper clips, to me...

AlieOxon Wed 04-May-16 09:31:06

- and pencils

trisher Wed 04-May-16 10:09:29

OK who out there is getting the sunglasses? Come clean!

MammaN Wed 04-May-16 20:30:13

If you get a couple of pairs of specs AlieOxon, they're mine.

Jalima Wed 04-May-16 22:16:54

They are with all the pens and single socks
I'll just go and check the bag in my airing cupboard .....

Not there, sorry!!

I only buy cheap ones so many of mine have cleared off there, well I used to until I found I couldn't see very far and I couldn't see to read menus!!

I need one of those granny chains to wear around my neck, but I may end up looking like an old granny. grin