Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Don't know what to do.

(27 Posts)
Falconbird Sun 29-May-16 18:51:23

When my dh passed away 4 years ago my 3 sons had a massive falling out. To cut a long story short the youngest son cut off all contact with me and his two older brothers weeks after his dad's funeral.

I honestly don't know why but it was something to do with their dad's possessions. None of them will discuss it.

Since then my younger son has been to see me a few times with his baby and wife but is adamant he will have nothing to do with his brothers and they feel the same way about him.

The problem is I always have to ask him to visit and he always does but he is a strange mixture of "I'm only doing my duty" and "I'm so glad to see you."

I feel at the moment that I can't keep asking him to visit. For one thing it feels disloyal to my older sons who stood by me when their dad died and the youngest one certainly didn't.

I also feel very tired and I have high blood pressure (being dealt with) and I feel I want a bit of a rest from the emotional turmoil.

I would like it if he asked me to visit him and his little family but he never has.

I send him texts from time to time but he rarely replies.

Gaggi3 Thu 02-Jun-16 13:16:26

So sorry for your sadness, Falconbird. I think you've got to consider yourself first now, especially if your health isn't too good, and try to distance yourself from the problems, while maintaining all relationships. You've brought up a family and suffered loss, you are strong. flowers wine