Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Conservatory floor

(33 Posts)
cornergran Mon 01-Aug-16 19:42:58

We're making changes and will need a new conservatory floor. It would really help to know what has worked for you and what hasn't. It will be a fairly large conservatory with access to the garden, a dining table and chairs and a comfy seating area. We're going round in circles. Please help before murder is committed grin.

Liz46 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:04:10

We have underground heating (too expensive to use) and ceramic tiles. We have now covered the beautiful tiles with a cheap carpet and put in an oil filled electric radiator. Doesn't look as good but warmer and cheaper.

gettingonabit Tue 02-Aug-16 09:12:10

I have a wood effect vinyl floor. It was meant to be temporary 10 years ago. It still looks good.

I'd have Karndean or similar given the option.

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 02-Aug-16 10:09:14

We have underfloor heating and don't use it either, not because of the cost, but the lack of control. It takes far too long to heat up or cool down and the dog would be panting away. We even ended up getting a raised bed for him, so he didn't get too hot. That said, we have the electric kind and I understand that the water systems are better - won't be finding out.

Laminate and rugs here too.

MiniMouse Tue 02-Aug-16 10:30:02

We've got Karndean tiles, too. They've been down for six years and still look as good as new, despite us tramping in and out without removing muddy/sandy shoes blush!

Judthepud2 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:18:38

Yes Jalima my reaction to stiletto marks too! The same DD requests that everyone remove their shoes in hers ?

Diddy1 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:53:25

We have laminate in our conservatory, with a runner across the double doors. Laminate withstands varying temperatures, which we were afraid of before we bought it, but it is ideal.Highly recommend.

cornergran Tue 02-Aug-16 15:55:43

Hmm, maybe go and looj at Karndean - if the budget will take it. Thanks everyone smile