Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

single mums

(153 Posts)
grannypiper Tue 18-Oct-16 08:25:45

Hi, i have never started a post but this morning i have steam coming out of my ears after reading a article in my local rag about a young single mum moaning about how hard done by she is, the council re wired her house and according to her this meant the broke her washing machine ! and left her freezer off for so long it destroyed all of the food inside ( she had completely restocked her freezer before the planned work started), council say she signed the form to say the freezer had been turned back on after the work was completed but that is there argument to fight over, what got me fuming was that she is photographed with the usual sad face and is complaining that she had to use a credit card to buy a NEW washing machine and ask for a council loan to buy food and this has made her feel SHE cant provide for her children and that she has never asked for anything in her life !!!!!!!!!!! aagghh i was fuming, as a single mum she has asked for and has been given a council house, no doubt was given a maternity grant to buy a pram, cot and highchair of course dont forget the milk tokens or the rent being paid and the weekly income support. How dare she say she provides for her children or that she has never asked for anything in her life, and then have the cheek to go to the media and slag off the hand that feeds her,it is outrageous. These young girls are incredulous and have great sense of entitlement. Rant over.

gillybob Fri 21-Oct-16 08:46:53

Of course you are forgiven . Thank you BlueBelle smile

BlueBelle Fri 21-Oct-16 08:51:35

??