Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

teenagers meals

(56 Posts)
Outtawork Sun 05-Mar-17 10:43:22

l usually have my 14 year old grandson stay over on a friday night, he is a beanpole& a bit fussy with food. not sure about amounts of food he should be eating, for breakfast he ate a whole box 375g of chocolate pillows for breakfast. dinner the night before was a tin of chicken curry & a whole bag of pilar rice done in the microwave. plus waffles & a banana later.is this excessive?

GrannyMac1945 Mon 06-Mar-17 19:45:32

Peaseblossom I do agree, Cadburys sold to Kraft ( margarine ) and you can taste the wax. My DS was a v fussy eater, bananas and crisps , now six foot tall. DGS is 8 months, when in high chair opens his mouth like a baby bird for everything, long may it continue.

M0nica Tue 07-Mar-17 19:14:47

What teenage boys eat does little or no long term damage to their health, no matter how high in sugar, fat etc or deficient in vegetables and fruit.

They do it for a few years when they are going through a growth spurt and after while it all dies down and they start eating more normally. They also grow up and mature and most then take better care of themselves.

Outtawork Wed 08-Mar-17 13:58:50

at least hes in the shower, more regularly. he now stays in the week as well & over the holidays.we get on quite well.

Lisalou Wed 08-Mar-17 20:42:25

My eighteen year old is a bottomless pit - he moved out six months ago, leaving husband, nine year old daughter and I at home. My food bills have gone down by half. I certainly notice when he is home as i have to cook much larger amounts. He is also well known for coming in late (he will go out with his mates after supper on a weekend) and come in at silly o'clock and polish off anything left from supper!

Solitaire Wed 08-Mar-17 23:41:43

I'm really concerned for pensionpat's 14 yr old who she only feeds once a week. How has he reached this age without starving to death? I think I should ring child protection. confused