Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

My DH was so bad mannered in a social situation

(31 Posts)
sweetcakes Mon 10-Apr-17 10:47:57

Did DH apologies to your BIL for being rude, and I presume you invited them to come to the dance in the first place which they enjoyed so much they wanted to share it with their friends, really your adults this is not the school playground

jusnoneed Mon 10-Apr-17 08:33:08

As the saying goes, you can choose your friends. I think your hubby was right to stay with the friends you have been going with all this time. Leave your sister and her hubby to their friends and rejoin yours.

Christinefrance Mon 10-Apr-17 08:14:44

Yes, your husband has apologised so don't miss out on an activity you enjoy. I agree with Jalima, sit with your friends next time and enjoy the dancing,

Jalima1108 Sun 09-Apr-17 22:39:56

Go a bit earlier and sit with the friends you have known for 15 years and enjoy yourselves.
They can make their own little clique in a corner

janeainsworth Sun 09-Apr-17 22:16:30

over60 your DH has apologised.
It's your BiL who has a problem.
Don't take any notice of him.
Go to your dance next time & pretend nothing happened.

over60plus Sun 09-Apr-17 21:33:12

We are very fond of dancing, we have a wide circle of like minded friends one of our dances changed venues my Sister and Her husband came along, we made them welcome came and joined us a couple of weeks in they bring along a couple of friends we all move round to make room, then last week more came along

Wasn't room for us to sit with our friends so I suggested we move my DH said lot likely so a very uncomfortable evening, unbeknown to me my Brother in law and tried to introduce this new couple to my DH and apparently he said not interested very rude in my opinion when I went to sit back down all turned backs on me.

We had a row from hell on our return home he said sorry didn't know what had come over him. Then this morning brother in law turns up with something he had borrowed said I will not be coming in, Tried to explain how they had forced there way in used us until they got feet under table, and we felt driven away, he is a retired Solicitor so very intimidating he said we were sad and miserable we have been with our circle for over 15 years