Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How are you spending the rest of the day?

(38 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 08-Jun-17 13:34:40

When I finish my gin & tonic cup of tea I'll be slipping into my Sweaty Bettys and going for a long walk.

Instead of the river I might go on a recce of the local polling stations - sounds a bit sad I know grin

What's everyone up to?

rubysong Thu 08-Jun-17 17:33:46

Voted, shopped, haircut, finished making chutney, did the ironing, did church photocopying.
I shall stay up as long as I can stand it. I am prepared with my onesie, a large bag of Twiglets and a bottle of wine.
I feel (once again), we are choosing the least worst to govern us but I do enjoy the drama of the night as the results come in.

ginny Thu 08-Jun-17 17:37:54

Tidied the house. Had my hair trimmed. Voted. Had an unsuccessful trip to buy a dress for a party. Picked up some 'nude' sugar paste for Dd3 and delivered same. Unpacked other shopping. Put a chicken in the oven. Prepared rest of tonight's dinner. Sat down, don't want to get up again.

whitewave Thu 08-Jun-17 17:50:17

Just going to vote - Tory grin

Alima Thu 08-Jun-17 17:58:13

whtewave, you have seen the light!

stillaliveandkicking Thu 08-Jun-17 18:21:55

Work, voted, work again - Tory too smile

whitewave Thu 08-Jun-17 18:46:10

Long queues at polling station, and lots of youngsters voting.

Ana Thu 08-Jun-17 18:49:57

Tory, of course grin

rafichagran Thu 08-Jun-17 19:47:53

Lovely dresses.

varian Thu 08-Jun-17 19:50:06

Telling at the polling station for the LibDems. Had a nice chat with the Tory teller who is very disappointed with Theresa May.

I know she'll win. The owners of the Express, Sun and Daily Mail Mail will make sure that she does.

I wonder what it would be like to live in a democratic country with a PR voting system and no tax exile billionaires telling people how to vote?

Maggiemaybe Thu 08-Jun-17 21:15:35

Hung some curtains, voted, watched The Founder at the Senior Vue, bought nibbles to keep us going for the election marathon (any excuse), thought about doing a bit of work on DGS2's Tracy Island birthday cake (but didn't), looked after DGS3 in Spiderman mode for a couple of hours, ate pizza. Just settling now to watch Channel 4's alternative election night programmes until the serious business kicks off. And deciding whether wine or beer will best ease the pain/fuel the celebration.

rubylady Fri 09-Jun-17 03:51:04

Indiana Such beautiful dresses, I love the orange one, one very lucky little girl and cat. You are very skilled. I might be asking you for some tips one day. smile

My nurses one day had wrote on the board above my bed that they were "Jess & Pat". I had to laugh, I was being looked after by cartoon characters! grin

Indinana Fri 09-Jun-17 08:48:23

Thanks ruby (and rafichagran and seacliff for your comments smile)
I really hope you will soon be well enough - and home for good - to be asking me for sewing tips!
Had to laugh at your cartoon nurses gringringrin. And I hope that means that you're getting lots and lots of post to cheer you up!!