Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Does anyone else find this a bit creepy?

(52 Posts)
bytheway Fri 23-Jun-17 19:16:05

I went to a children's birthday party a couple of months ago. In attendance was a family friend, lets call him Dave (aged 45) and his girlfriend (Natasha)of only 4 months, and Dave's mother.

Both Dave and Natasha have grown up children.

Throughout the party Natasha kept refering to Dave's Mother as 'Mum' and Dave's mother kept refering to Natasha's children as her own grandchildren and saying how she was excited at the forthcoming birth of her second great grandchild (Natasha's grandchild).(you still with me?)

Now I know its not uncommon for people to refer to step grandchildren as just grandchildren and for people to refer to their MIL's and FIL's as 'Mum and Dad' but after only 4 months....seriously?

I found it quite unnerving for some reason. Probably because i am an Introvert and not a people person.

I will leave this post by stating that i heard this week that Dave and Natasha have split up.....

Gardenman99 Tue 27-Jun-17 06:36:38

Some women are warm and friendly towards their sons or daughters partners to try and make them feel welcome in the family. Women generally are not as warm friendly or sociable as men I find. Of course there are exemptions.