Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

I'm sure we've all done this, so looking for amusing answers.

(55 Posts)
phoenix Sun 09-Jul-17 16:01:41

To the question "what did I come up here/into here for?

If upstairs,and forgetting what I went there for, I automatically go and have a wee, even though we have a downstairs lavatory.

I'm actually posting this because I found myself upstairs, not a clue what I'd come up for, so gravitated towards the desktop PC blush

I'm sure it will come to me once I'm back downstairs. confused

DS64till Wed 12-Jul-17 08:00:45

I have a vision of us ladies throughout the UK , going upstairs confidently knowing what we want and then going through a vortex( think Bermuda Triangle) which wipes those very thoughts away . I use it as my exercise for the day as generally, when I get back downstairs I remember what it was for and have to go back up again

Teetime Wed 12-Jul-17 10:30:16

Yesterday evening after golf in the pouring rain for two hours I stood by my car ringing wet with water pouring off both myself and the bag of clubs I couldn't get into my car. Couldn't find my keys.I hunted high and low throughout the many pockets on the golf bag and the many pockets on me as I was wearing two pairs of trousers (over ones), under the car everywhere. I had just decided I would need to go round the course to see if I had dropped them when I saw them dangling off my little finger!

Nanny27 Wed 12-Jul-17 10:48:07

Spend hours looking for the glasses that are perched on top of my head!

Bellanonna Wed 12-Jul-17 11:47:52

Teetime I did something very similar yesterday, except not golf related.