Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone having major anger outbursts with 75 year old DH?

(133 Posts)
Kate13 Fri 25-May-18 18:49:41

Hi not been on gransnet for a while - can anyone shed light on this? At home with DH -or on holiday, or generally being in his presence - I seem to be to blame for everything. What I say, what I do,. I “babble rubbish” “all the time... whereas when I’m out and about, I think I’m pretty normal ( no one shouts at me for “babbling” or being “in the way”. ) I’ve been blaming myself, but is it all my fault? Anyone else out there who recognises what I’m talking about , or is it really me?

sodapop Sun 22-Jul-18 15:07:32

You could talk to your GP yourself Kate even if your husband won't go. There may be some help available for you and some support.
This is not a time to suffer in silence, you have done nothing wrong, take any help that is offered. Sadly sometimes we just have to do what is best for us if all else has failed.
Good luck.

Fennel Sun 22-Jul-18 15:10:12

Sorry Kate that I've frightened you. That wasn't my intention.

SueDonim Sun 22-Jul-18 17:02:15

Your husband is being abusive towards you, Kate. Abuse doesn't need to be physical in nature. Have a look at the Women's Aid website, there may be some pointers for help there. You don't deserve this treatment from him.

www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/what-is-domestic-abuse/recognising-domestic-abuse/

Superqueen Tue 07-Aug-18 11:42:59

Kate. Thank goodness you have written so well about this subject and received support and advise. I am in this situation myself, thinking it was me . It is definitely me irritating him, that is why I keep away from him. His moods and sulks overspill into family,meet ups. If we are not going/doing what he wants when he wants ....... I get the disgruntled treatment.
I was afraid to write about this as I thought 'silly person, it is me being ungrateful, 'as he is smiles and charm to anyone else.
He struggled to do thing with his own children now it is grandchildren.
I too am at a loss and fed up with this situation . I have told him this is why I keep out of his way. I think he was somewhat shocked! Or am I hoping he was !!!!!
Yes I am the lady who wrote about being excluded from holiday plans . The response was gratefully received and I felt that it was me (again) "take it with good faith" and "I wish my DH would arrange a holiday ". This holiday is his plans where and when he wants to go on our anniversary. No surprise intended.
My conclusion is he and other DH are not going to change the see us as an easy target.unless we loyal ladies make the change.

Superqueen Wed 08-Aug-18 07:06:43

When this behaviour happens yes take a DAY OFF walk away , they shorten your life with this continuos abuse. Would DH look after you if you were ill?

Superqueen Wed 08-Aug-18 07:12:49

Is DH an only child?

Superqueen Wed 08-Aug-18 07:20:46

Thank you yes that is what I think. That he wants to be the 'victim' and can't understand why I left! I have thought this through and the price is to high I am afraid the DS & DD will take his side. But now his behaviour is noticeable within the family. I am receiving simpthy from them