Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas Wishes

(71 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Mon 24-Dec-18 09:18:59

Christmas wishes from me to all GNers near and far, however you celebrate (or not)
May you find peace, love, joy, forgiveness and tolerance. May you reaffirm old friendships, build bridges over seemingly unbridgeable divides and forge new relationships in the coming year.
I wish you good/better health and much happiness.
My thanks to all those with whom I've locked horns, for giving me a different perspective and to GNers facing difficult times, we are here for you.
flowers????????
JOYEUX NOËL
FELIZ NAVIDAD
SCHÖNI WIENACHTE
BUON NATALE
BELLAS FESTAS DA NADAL
FRÖHLICHE WEIHNACHTEN
NOLLAIG SHONA
NADOLIG LLAWEN
GLAEDELIG JUL
grintchwink

hulahoop Mon 24-Dec-18 15:41:30

Best wishes to everyone hope you all have a peaceful Christmas ???

Greyduster Mon 24-Dec-18 15:58:40

Lovely post, Gabriella. I would like to wish all fellow GNs the best possible Christmas and best wishes for the coming year. If anyone wonders what the man in the red suit does when Christmas is over - it’s this! Lucky beggar!

Barmeyoldbat Mon 24-Dec-18 16:25:40

Librarylady after the post I received yesterday from GG I am with you all the way on this one.

EllanVannin Mon 24-Dec-18 16:34:56

Christmas wishes to All especially to those who are finding it difficult to cope. x

lemongrove Mon 24-Dec-18 17:03:11

Happy Christmas Gabriella and to all of GN and let’s wish ourselves a Happy New Year too.Cheers wine

Arto1s Mon 24-Dec-18 17:03:49

GabriellaG54 Thank you for your lovely post. I too would like to wish a Happy Christmas to one and all.

PECS Mon 24-Dec-18 17:11:34

Wishing everyone a happy Christmas day and every good wish for a peaceful, healthy and hopeful 2019. ???????

MawBroon Mon 24-Dec-18 17:57:34

Indeed librarylady
Christmas greetings is as Christmas greetings does, if you see what I mean.
Alternatively, easy to talk the talk but less easy to walk the walk. tchgrintchgrin

Patticake123 Mon 24-Dec-18 18:23:08

What a delightful message Gabriella. Wishing you and your the same .

Glenfinnan Mon 24-Dec-18 20:20:27

Lovely message❤️Gabriella Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you too!

glammagran Mon 24-Dec-18 20:44:15

Happy Christmas to one and all ☃️???

Urmstongran Mon 24-Dec-18 21:27:12

Oh dear librarylady, barmeyoldbat and MawBroon. I think this says more about you than GabriellaG54. We all hold different opinions on topics. It doesn’t make us bad people. It’s Christmas! Let bygones be bygones and accept the olive branch. Life is too short to be mean.

MawBroon Mon 24-Dec-18 21:51:50

I’m not sure how to respond to that urmstongran, I hope it was not meant in the mean spirited way it has come across.
My strong belief is that “by their actions shall ye know them” and while bygones may well indeed be bygones, to insult and hurt a member on the one hand (“halogen headlights teeth”) and blithely brush it off, sits uneasily with “peace and goodwill to all gransnetters” -only not the homeless, the rough sleepers, the unemployed, the down and outs and the needy and dispossessed in our society.
Where would a poor carpenter and a single mum fit into this scenario?
So criticise all you want, I do not know you and you know even less about me and frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 24-Dec-18 22:22:52

Suggest you read up on past posts Urmstongran There is no forgiveness here, I believe that has been given just once to often. Judge all you like but make sure you have been on the receiving end first before you pass judgement. Happy Christmas.

GabriellaG54 Mon 24-Dec-18 22:37:15

Let's get this clear.
The 'halogen headlights' remark was referring to presenters, actors, celebs et al NOT to the person that at least at 3 of you would like others to think it was ascribed to.
Granted, the original (not the OP's) remark about teeth got me on that subject and I expanded it...unwisely, I now see, as many are quick to take offence and even get upset or up cudgels on behalf of others who are all adults and able to voice their own concerns about anything I write.
Too quick to jump down my throat and decide that my Christmas wishes to all were insincere, on the basis that I have previously written about my not giving money to 'panhandlers who have turned down accomodation and help unless they can have it on their own terms (not verbatim)
To also aver that I included the poor and sneak in a reference to a carpenter and single mother could be construed as tasteless to those readers who have certain religious beliefs...and I am not one of the latter.
You don't have to like me or even acknowledge me, however, I excercise my right to sometimes have different opinions as long as I keep to the guidelines. I am not to know who is more sensitive than another, who is easily offended or who will be tearful at a very oblique reference to something they said.
My Christmas wishes included a thank you to all who have 'locked horns' with me and if you choose not to accept good wishes, that is your prerogative. I'm ok with anything you say about me and it doesn't dent who I am nor dim the view I hold of the value of GN.
In a funny kind of way, it seems daft to castigate me so that I fall into line and go along with the crowd pleasing.
That would make me a hypocrite as I've always been someone to plough my own furrow.
I can take criticism without crying or reporting. I'm not in a schoolyard, although it sometimes feels as if I am.
My good wishes still stand, to all who feel able to accept them. grin

Shizam Mon 24-Dec-18 22:45:15

Season’s greetings to you all. Do hope for those celebrating with family that it is lovely. And for those alone, or struggling, that these few days treat you well. It’s a strange old time of year.

sharon103 Tue 25-Dec-18 01:52:05

Thank you Gabriella, a beautiful message. A very happy Christmas to you too.

Rufus2 Tue 25-Dec-18 03:58:51

Floorflock;
Nadolig llawen a blynyddoedd newydd hapus. Canu hi'n uchel yn y cymoedd! tchgrin

MawBroon Tue 25-Dec-18 09:39:47

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCE8HCxlDTk

They say it so well ?

Grandmashe43 Tue 25-Dec-18 10:25:14

Happy Christmas, peace and love to you all.