Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

husband swore in front of dil and grandson

(39 Posts)
PINKY57 Tue 29-Jan-19 22:14:23

My DH is the father of my son,I think he was totally out of order as well,but my son did the right think and left otherwise it would have been worse.I am hoping/praying that she will still let me see my Grandson,I’ll be heartbroken I’d dhe doEs not and I have toldDh I will never forgive him.

MawBroon Tue 29-Jan-19 22:09:05

Teacup, storm?

Elrel Tue 29-Jan-19 22:05:41

Pinky - You might find it easier to visit DiL on your own for a little while. More relaxing for both of you.

Bathsheba Tue 29-Jan-19 22:03:52

my son, my grandson, I am scared she will keep him away from me

Am I right in thinking your DH is not your son's father PINKY? If so, does he have AC of his own? Just wondering if the family dynamics are the problem here.

CatMum59 Tue 29-Jan-19 22:03:37

How can a 9 MONTH old baby be "hyper"? Do your husband and son often get drunk and shout at each other? I'd be more concerned about that, rather than the actual words they used.

MissAdventure Tue 29-Jan-19 21:57:04

Well, I wouldn't be waiting around to see who's swearing was more polite.
A drunk grandad thinking he's the authority in child rearing would have done for me.
I'm sure it will blow over though. It sounds as if tempers flared.
Hopefully things will return to normal, pinky; it must have been awful for you and your daughter in law.

notanan2 Tue 29-Jan-19 21:52:54

Sounds like its not so much that he was swearing, but how aggressively he was swearing, and what he was swearing about!

notanan2 Tue 29-Jan-19 21:51:51

It'll be hard not exposing her son to that language, considering your son was swearing too

There is a whole spectrum of swearing. If for example the DH was swearing about the 9 mth old that is quite different from being told by father of said 9 mth old to not **ing speak about a baby like that (for example..)

notanan2 Tue 29-Jan-19 21:49:07

I dont blame her TBH
His comments about a nine MONTH old are quite scary, more so than the swearing!
What do you think about his behaviour?

MissAdventure Tue 29-Jan-19 21:47:59

It'll be hard not exposing her son to that language, considering your son was swearing too, but in keeping with childish arguments : points to your husband > He started it!

sodapop Tue 29-Jan-19 21:45:58

Well don't hold back Niobe

Niobe Tue 29-Jan-19 21:39:43

I don't blame her! Your husband is an offensive oaf!

sodapop Tue 29-Jan-19 21:39:03

Sounds like six of one and half a dozen of the other. Father and son should reduce their drinking if it makes them aggressive. I think apologies all round are in order here.

PINKY57 Tue 29-Jan-19 21:35:22

My husband had too much to drink the other day and said to my son that my grandson was hyper -he is only 9 months old and that he should teach him how to behave,- the argument escalated and they were both swearing at each other. my dil said to me the following day that she does not want her son exposed to such language, I am scared she will keep him away from me and not come to our house,