Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Comfy pyjamas

(91 Posts)
kittylester Sat 27-Apr-19 17:44:20

Can anyone suggest pyjamas that are reasonably priced, natural fabric and with seams in the trousers that are not really hard around the crutch.

My current ones are m and s and can get really uncomfortable when they ride up.

Sorry, if this is tmi but I've spent most of this week in bed with a sinus infection so the problem looms very large at the moment.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 27-Apr-19 20:42:54

Try Cotton Comfort. Online only. I buy in the sale. Or wear what you have inside out so the seam (often stitched with polyester thread even on cotton garments) does not annoy you.

annodomini Sat 27-Apr-19 20:48:06

I'm wearing my Cotton Traders soft brushed cotton pj trousers at the moment. They are so comfortable.

harrigran Sun 28-Apr-19 07:03:44

I have the same problem kitty, M&S pyjama trousers are not comfortable. I buy just the pj bottoms in Sainsbury's and wear them with T shirt type nightdresses that are not long enough to be decent on their own.
Trousers have to be cotton jersey as fabric without stretch is like dental floss hmm

Anja Sun 28-Apr-19 07:10:18

kitty I but PJ bottoms from Sainsbury’s or Tesco. I love loose/baggy nightwear so buy everything a size bigger just for comfort.

Anja Sun 28-Apr-19 07:10:40

Buy not but!

tessagee Sun 28-Apr-19 09:17:50

I bought one pair each of winter pyjamas from M&S and Debenhams. M&S not comfortable at all with loads of unnecessary trimmings and the thread used to bind off the seams was a hard nylon type which really irritates the skin on the upper body. The pj's from Debenhams are really excellent, soft, roomy, so comfortable. Both pairs were the same price.

Gonegirl Sun 28-Apr-19 10:22:30

To be fair, M and S do have a range of pj's at different prices. Perhaps it's unfair to slate them all.

Ramblingrose22 Sun 28-Apr-19 10:40:32

kitty - I have the same issue with PJs as you and I spent a lot to find a comfortable pair by buying from Bonsoirdirect. They have pure cotton PJs and they are well made.

Not keen on cotton jersey - a bit flimsy.

There is a company called Cyberjammies that may do cotton PJs but I find that the "modern" ones have a lower rise whereas I prefer PJs that rest at the waist.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

caci Sun 28-Apr-19 10:44:19

I've discovered PJ bottoms with an stretchy elastic cuff on the ankle help. They are quite hard to find, but Asda sometimes sell them.

henetha Sun 28-Apr-19 10:48:03

I think the secret with pyjamas is to always buy them a size or two larger than your usual size.

ShewhomustbeEbayed Sun 28-Apr-19 10:52:11

I bought some Joules cotton jersey ones, about £49, they wash well and last.

Millieangel Sun 28-Apr-19 10:55:07

Cyberjammies have lovely pyjamas & nightie's. Not cheap but lovely quality & good prices inthe sale.

Lesleynb Sun 28-Apr-19 10:55:31

Tesco’s pj in the packs are really comfy and wash well
I’m 5’8” and have no problems with them

mamaa Sun 28-Apr-19 11:03:41

Avon ( don't need a rep can buy online now) have a good selection of lounging pj's- with legging type bottoms and t shirt type tops. I sleep in nighties but wear these lounging pj's when its early evening and comfort is required ( ie also bra -off time ala another thread!) also easy to throw on in the morning if postman at door and not quite dressed!

nettyandmasey Sun 28-Apr-19 11:04:02

I’m a Sainsbury’s pyjamas girl which I have in various fabrics!! I do always wear knickers with them.

keffie Sun 28-Apr-19 11:34:05

I only buy my PJ'S/loungewear from Peacocks. It is cotton Jersey type for winter and summer wear. Very reasonable priced. I love there PJ'S and loungewear.

I have two large drawfuls of there products. I am a straight into my PJ'S girl when I get home so it gets plenty of use.

Ashcombe Sun 28-Apr-19 11:45:04

I like PJ's from George at Asda (especially those with elastic at the ankles) or Tesco. Reasonably priced and comfortable.

Kate51 Sun 28-Apr-19 11:47:47

I like Carol Hochman , sometimes get them in Costco if you have a card. If not QVC usually have them, I usually wait for the sale.

Callistemon Sun 28-Apr-19 11:48:47

I suppose comfortable pj bottoms depend on how tall you are - they don't seem to allow for that.

rascal Sun 28-Apr-19 11:51:13

I like long legs and top with collar and buttons up ftont. I always buy one size larger that way they are more comfortable on bed.

Kerenhappuch Sun 28-Apr-19 11:52:27

PS Even more sorry to hear that you have a "crutch"

My mum always referred to trousers having a 'crutch', and thought the word 'crotch' was an Americanism, so there you go!

grandtanteJE65 Sun 28-Apr-19 11:54:53

What about wearing a long tee-shirt and a pair of comfy underpants or leggings?

pce612 Sun 28-Apr-19 12:05:07

I buy my PJs as seperates, in cotton or bamboo jersey. Bamboo is particularly soft.
I get them from ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys. They usually have matching tops available or if not, cami tops or tee shirts in complementing colours.

annodomini Sun 28-Apr-19 12:06:35

Bon Marché has a nice selection, all in cotton.

ReadyMeals Sun 28-Apr-19 12:16:47

I wear close-fitting leggings and a tee shirt as I can't bear things that twist round me when I move