Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Not sure what to do

(105 Posts)
Rolypoly55 Sat 01-Jun-19 23:21:09

Rolypoly55

I am really struggling to keep quite. My sons partner is very verbal, never wrong, I am finding it difficult to cope with. She has a good heart in some respects but continues to pick at our grandaughter who is 5years old. I had an extremely hard upbringing, no love and picked on growing up and it really upsets me when she picks away. When I have my grandaughter we play quite happily and I have no reason to scold her, she has her moments but on the whole she's a well behaved girl.. If I say anything she knows best! She will get upset because she doesn't like to think she is in the wrong. She doesn't have many friends, my son says she has a good heart and means well but it's getting to the point where I don't want her at my house because I cannot bear to hear her niggle at my grandaughter, she has no right surely. I find it difficult because I have been there from day 1....she has no children herself and knows it all. O dear I sound awful moaning on but I am so upset about it all.

PamGeo Mon 03-Jun-19 22:41:09

Lovely news Rolypoly, it can't have been easy but thankfully he took it the way it was intended. Your grand daughter will reap the benefits of a happier home flowers

Madgran77 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:22:19

I am pleased for you Rolypoly. It shows that parents talking to their adult children about a concern is not always interpreted as interfering ...just as caring! flowers

moggie57 Tue 04-Jun-19 21:09:32

she's not your child . i expect your gd has heard it all before. there will come a time when gd will speak up for herself. you have to let them get on with things .just be you ,look after your gd do fun things.but you have to stand back and bite your tongue ,because if you dont she might stop you seeing your gd.be wise and say nothing.

Rolypoly55 Tue 11-Jun-19 12:21:21

Moggi 57, She is my sons partner and he wouldn't let anyone not let me see my grandaughter, she has no experience of children and expects her to be older than her 4years. I just want to protect her, I wish that someone had been there for me. If I hadn't have spoken up things would have carried on and the damage is done, I am proof.