Anyone playing "Words with Friends" having problems?

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 20:53:48

Hello all ,

I know at least one other GN member plays, so might get an answer!

Seems to be something wrong with the site, can make moves, but when trying to look at statistics, for example head to head, it's all showing as "O" tchconfused

Also currently don't seem able to send messages to other players.

Apologies to non players!

BlueBelle Tue 11-Jun-19 20:58:17

Hi Phoenix I was on about an hour ok and all seemed normal I ll have another try and get back to you

BlueBelle Tue 11-Jun-19 21:02:56

Just went over and all seems normal I looked at a couple of profiles and my own and all was good
I sent a message and that sent ok and then appeared in line with the other messages so all seems normal on mine

Anniebach Tue 11-Jun-19 21:09:49

Been on there this evening, all was well, I didn’t send messages or look at statistics - this doesn’t help sorry

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:16:59

Thank you for responding, much appreciated.

I don't seem able to message, and can't access my statistics! The stats thing isn't a huge problem, but I would like to be able to message Earl, a firefighter that I have been playing against for about 2 years to wind him up! grin

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:19:02

PS

Good to know that other GN members play, I currently play with one other member, but she usually beats me!

NanKate Tue 11-Jun-19 21:25:31

Could someone explain what ‘words with friends’ is ? Mystified 😏

Anniebach Tue 11-Jun-19 21:28:16

Scrabble NanKate. I only play with my younger daughter

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:32:30

It's a sort of online Scrabble, the board is slightly different from the physical version, in that the triple word score tiles are in a different place, but generally add leaking its much the same.

Good fun, and good for the brain!

Anniebach Tue 11-Jun-19 21:34:12

I get cross with some of the words allowed

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:34:25

Add leaking???? Where on earth did that come from?

Damn tablet, and damn auto thingy!

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:35:59

Annie I get cross with some that are not allowed too!

Anniebach Tue 11-Jun-19 21:41:19

Yes phoenix, I get more than cross with those , 😡

SueDonim Tue 11-Jun-19 21:42:44

I play this game, Phoenix. If it has a tantrum, I just update the app and that sorts it out. Hth!

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 21:52:30

Thanks SueDonim now just got to work out how to do that!

Surprising how many of us play, as mentioned, there is one GN member I currently play, perhaps more of us could play against/with each other?

SueDonim Tue 11-Jun-19 21:56:43

Go to the App Store, Phoenix, and search for Words with Friends. Click on it and update, even if it says you've got the latest version.

phoenix Tue 11-Jun-19 22:14:37

Just tried the old " turn it off, then on again" and I was able to send a message to Earl!

SueDonim Tue 11-Jun-19 22:17:27

Ha, you showed it! So there! grin

dragonfly46 Tue 11-Jun-19 23:15:33

Working for me.

kittylester Wed 12-Jun-19 06:14:28

I was going to suggest turning it off and on. I cant get notifications though whatever I do.

BlueBelle Wed 12-Jun-19 06:37:34

To all that play do you get lots of ‘attention’ from US men Well their profile says they are from US but I really doubt it and they ALL work in gas and oil and all have beards and all want to chat to you on ‘hangout’ I have a lot of fun there and lie as much as they do quite entertaining for an old lady

The allowed and disallowed words are very irritating

Bellasnana Wed 12-Jun-19 07:10:09

Haven’t had any problems with it, just lack of people to play with. I end up doing the ‘Solo challenges’, practice mode and lightning rounds. It would be nice to play with other gransnetters but how would we go about that?

Bluebelle, if I’m not mistaken, I think there is an option to block people from chatting with you.

I agree that some of the acceptable (or not) words are ridiculous !

BlueBelle Wed 12-Jun-19 07:31:57

bellesnana I don’t want to block them they entertain me😂I have great fun reinventing myself
Play with me if you want Bellasnana or anyone else there’s another one called Word that I enjoy playing you have to make 3 words out of a group of letters in a set time you get three chances and you play against four others either known or unknown to you
It entertains me in the wee small hours

BlueBelle Wed 12-Jun-19 07:34:33

Sorry that last game I spoke of is Puzzly Words not just Words

Marydoll Wed 12-Jun-19 07:49:17

I quite like the idea of this, but was afraid to try in case I looked like a numpty.
Thanks Bellasnana for mentioning the "Solo Challenges", I may have a go at that.