Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What time do you get up?

(110 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Thu 21-Nov-19 08:59:10

For the last month I haven't been well so my usual routine of going for a swim between 8 to 9 has been cancelled. It's quite nice to be able to stay in bed until after 9 and I have been spending the mornings reading the paper and watching tv. It will be hard to get back into my old routine.

cornergran Sat 23-Nov-19 07:35:44

Alarm set for 7. I’m often awake much earlier, just stay in bed occupied with the iPad as I don’t want to disturb Mr C who needs his beauty sleep. Usually a cuppa about 7.15 then out of bed after 7.30. Sometimes much later if we both sit and read. Each day is different, that’s fine, we’re retired smile.

travelsafar Sat 23-Nov-19 08:13:43

usually wake around 5am sit up read for an hour or so then snuggle back down for another hour. So generally get up around 7ish. All my activities are in the morning so this time suits me fine, as after luch i potter about doing a few bits at home then sit down around three for a rest. Used to go to bed after 11pm but now its more like 10/10.30 pm.

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Nov-19 17:04:12

No set time for me. Some days I sleep longer, some days awake and up early. These dark mornings, though, I do tend to sleep for longer.

SalsaQueen Sat 23-Nov-19 17:38:13

Monday to Friday, it's any time between 5.30 and 6.30, to go off to work.

Weekends, any time between 8 and 9.30

annodomini Sat 23-Nov-19 17:47:58

I have no problem sleeping. Wake up around 7, read for an hour or so and often fall asleep again. Up at 9, or when I finish a chapter. Quite often fall asleep during the day too.

floorflock Sun 24-Nov-19 07:49:41

I would love to be able to sleep. I am up between 2 & 3am but usually go back to bed for an hour during the day.

Ginny42 Sun 24-Nov-19 08:01:22

I'm an early riser, often around 4.00 a.m.. I cannot go back to sleep once awake and that's when the worries start whizzing round my head, so I get up and start my day. I tell myself I can always sleep later in the day if I need to, but never do. I hate sleeping during the day.

Ohmother Sun 24-Nov-19 09:02:35

I have a bladder for an alarm clock. I leave my earplugs in ( husband’s snoring) I don’t turn any lights on and feel my way round in the dark ( practicing for if I ever go blind - I’m diabetic) have my pee then snuggle back into bed and carry on with my menopausal perspiring game of kicking the covers off and on until I’m too fed up to carry on!

rosieod1 Sun 24-Nov-19 23:25:50

Hubby has just had a week off,we usually go to Cornwall as it's my birthday week but decided to stay home this year and get some much needed jobs done, so have been having very late nights and late getting up mornings.Bliss. Hub usually goes to bed about 9.30pm as needs to be up about 5am,I stay up later and get up somewhere between 7.30 to 8.30.Only 2 early mornings per week for me on grandma daycare days.6am aaargh,love my bub but hate those early starts . I never sleep in the day unless I am unwell ,which fortunately is rare