Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Beautiful sunny day what is everyone doing today?

(30 Posts)
DillytheGardener Mon 30-Dec-19 11:20:54

Hello all,

Such a beautiful day today and I’m feeling wonderfully positive!

It’s my mother in law’s birthday today so I’m running around buying foil number balloons, candles and flowers to arrange on the buffet table later. I love party planning and decorating so these errands are rather fun! However I am going to look very funny on the train back home with number balloons for a lady in her 90’s grin

MiniMoon Tue 31-Dec-19 17:18:39

Lovely day here, sunshine and blue sky, but bitterly cold. The temperature didn't get above 4°c.
I visited DD and grandchildren and had a cup of tea.
We did a lot yesterday, visiting Dobbies for plants and pots in readiness for Spring. We also went to a local retail park, and spent a couple of hours looking at stuff, but not buying any of it!
I needed a more restful day today.

JackyB Tue 31-Dec-19 18:54:19

We have had a nice sunny day here in Central Europe, too. Didn't do any housework. Went shopping this morning.

This afternoon, we went for a walk round the local gravel pit. The sun was out and the sky was clear but it was still pretty cold. Back to hot cocoa and have lit the fire.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 31-Dec-19 19:16:32

Writing this day after. 30th was my 70th birthday.

- Spent part of the morning in hospital (Truro) having an MRI.
- Had a lovely late breakfast in my favourite art cafe before driving home
- Opened my cards and presents from family.
- Cried when read message from my daughter.
- Laughed and cried at my DH's card. Handmade smile
- Walked dog through our wood.
- Went for fantastic meal with DH. Restaurant is our fav. Old lifeboat station on a Cornish beach.
- Together we walked dog on beach in moonlight
- Back home for coffee and cointreau.

BradfordLass72 Wed 01-Jan-20 07:05:57

WOODMOUSE49 You made me lonely for Cornwall. I do dearly miss it.

The lovely man who replaced my hip went to work at Truro Hospital.

I didn't do much except listen to TED talks on education whilst cleaning the windows. I can't see if I made a good job of them so I guess it doesn't matter whether I did or not smile

Got the rest of the laundry washed, out and dried in the sun.

Hoping to see my grand-daughter this week; she's back from Europe and with tales to tell.