Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Fairy lights in a bottle. How?

(33 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 05-Jan-20 18:39:26

Hi everyone - help please!

I have a lovely bottle that I’d like to put fairy lights in. Has anyone done this? I thought it would be simple. Buy some lights and push them down the neck.

Then I looked on YouTube! Drilling a hole (!) in the bottom of a glass bottle to thread the lights through?

No way José that sounds too risky for me!

Has anyone done this? Battery? A plug?

Thank you!

Greyduster Mon 06-Jan-20 10:52:17

Thank you for the link, Grannylaine. I passed it on to DD; her partner had a special edition bottle of bourbon given to him for Christmas and the bottle is a lovely shape so she has her eye on it - said it would make a good lamp. Trouble is, he is doing dry January so she may have to wait some time!

Urmstongran Mon 06-Jan-20 19:07:19

I’ve ordered them! I think at £8.99 you get a few sets.... If I set it up okay i’ll Post a photograph. Then make a few up as Christmas presents next year ha!
?

Urmstongran Tue 07-Jan-20 17:28:56

Ta da!!

So pleased.
?

Pantglas2 Tue 07-Jan-20 18:52:04

I bought this before Christmas for €5 from Amigas de Casa who were selling them for charity here in Spain- one of the members husband did hundreds! He reckons all those airfix models he used to paint gave him the steady hand Urmstongran

Urmstongran Tue 07-Jan-20 19:28:30

Oh that’s SO pretty Pantglas!

GrannyLaine Tue 07-Jan-20 19:42:00

Urmstongran blimey, that was quick! Looks lovely x

Urmstongran Tue 07-Jan-20 19:45:34

The joys of Amaz.... shopping!!

It has certainly transformed the way we can shop. It must be a challenge sticking an independent shop on the high street. Unsold items must be a worry.