Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Hermes delivery

(98 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

H1954 Sat 18-Jan-20 12:51:14

This might sound rather trivial in the great scheme of things but has anyone ever had to complain about a Hermes delivery and how did you go about it? I've searched the website and can find NO WAY of registering a complaint! Problem is,I was expecting a parcel this morning but had to go out so I opted for it to be left with a neighbour by registering it through their proper channels. The parcel was just left by my door and no attempt was made to try the neighbours house!

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:31:18

I've have loads of deliveries through them and used them to delivery. Nothing has ever gone wrong. You should have had an email showing who the person is, that will do the delivery and the time slot.

Their website does give details on how to contact (ring) them. see snapshot.

Don't use virtual assistant. They might just use set statements for replies.

Did you change the delivery details the day before. If you changed it the day of delivery, it might not have reached the courier in time.

MiniMoon Sat 18-Jan-20 15:16:20

Hermes delivered my parcel yesterday. The courier made no attempt to deliver it to me in person, although I was at home all day. They left it in my porch, right beside the house door.
I had an email telling me so.
I assumed that the courier was very busy and hadn't time to knock on the door!

vampirequeen Sat 18-Jan-20 15:24:42

I think it depends on the courier. Some are really good and others are terrible. I've had most things delivered properly either to my door or a neighbour but one courier decided to thrown the parcel over a 6ft wall on a rainy day in winter. By the time I found the parcel it was a sodden mess. Fortunately the item inside wasn't damaged. I complained to the company I'd bought the item from and they passed the complaint to Hermes.

NotAGran55 Sat 18-Jan-20 15:53:58

Be grateful that you got it H1954 . My son paid for a next day delivery to arrive on 31.12.19 . After numerous chasers , promises of delivery and web chats , Hermes finally admitted yesterday that they had lost the parcel . He’s now having a fight with ASOS to get a refund ...

JuliaM Sat 18-Jan-20 16:16:53

Hermes are reasonably good around here although they have been known to leave parcels in silly places like under the car at times. If it's been a late afternoon delivery and you were unaware of this, then it's easy to reverse off the drive and wonder whatever you have ran over on the way out!
Luckily nothing breakable so far, just a couple of items of clothing but a silly place to leave things non the less.

NotSpaghetti Sat 18-Jan-20 16:24:59

Ours are nearly always left in the porch (open to the road and very visible) even when we are in.
I had (didn’t have actually) a delivery from one company via Hermes who said they were pleased to say they were moving to another company in the new year (now) as they had been inundated with complaints.

I think if you pay people nearly nothing to deliver you really can’t expect any kind of service. Very sad.

annep1 Sat 18-Jan-20 16:54:43

I honestly believe if my courier is watching something good on telly she leaves it until next day to deliver. I check tracking and I know she holds on to it.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:05:25

Our Hermes courier before Xmas couldn’t leave the parcel we were out. So she put note through door saying we could pick it up between 6/7 same night on the calling card with her name n address, suited me. So off went down to pick it up. She wasn’t in DH said she’d had to pop out but said her car was on drive so went to get car keys. Whereby lots of parcels were on back seat n front but got mine so was happy. I did think I hope she’s going to del other people’s as leaving on drive would concern me

Daisymae Sat 18-Jan-20 19:09:46

I don't see what there is to complain about. You got your package without having to bother your neighbors. I would be quite pleased.

Daisymae Sat 18-Jan-20 19:10:18

These people get paid very little, it's not a great job either.

NfkDumpling Sat 18-Jan-20 20:11:57

I think it’s general for all delivery companies nowadays. I have on occasion had deliveries made in the way Woodmouse described, but not for some considerable while. I’ve been working at our dining table in front of the window by the front door and received an email to say the courier is sorry to have missed me! Strangely there was no card through the door!

I have complained to various companies but had no response This came up when I Googled ‘How to complain to Hermes’

When you are unable to call Hermes, the next best thing is to send them an e-mail. This provides a recorded trail of written communication between you and Hermes so that you can keep track of the situation. The Hermes e-mail address is [email protected], which you can use to e-mail complaints to Hermes. Add your reference number and “URGENT COMPLAINT” in the subject box if you want to get their attention. Then detail your complaint and provide the tracking information and address in the main body of your e-mail. You can provide your phone number and your availability if you want to request a phone call back from them to explain what has happened and what they are going to do to fix it. You can attach images but do not include any payment details.

Chewbacca Sat 18-Jan-20 20:17:50

I had a parcel delivered by Hermes last Saturday but I was out. They left a card saying that they would call again, on the Monday, between 9 - 1. I was sent an email with the tracker to tell me where my parcel was and it had the option of choosing a different, more convenient day/time, or a safe place to leave it or a designated neighbour who could sign for it. It seemed very straightforward and efficient to me but maybe it depends on the individual courier?

lavenderzen Sat 18-Jan-20 20:22:52

I use them all the time. Any complaints contact them via email - [email protected].

TwiceAsNice Sat 18-Jan-20 21:15:40

Our Hermes delivery person is great no problems at all always good service

annep1 Sat 18-Jan-20 21:24:33

It was left at the door Daisymae, not very safe.

Willow500 Sat 18-Jan-20 21:38:41

I've never had a problem with our Hermes delivery service. The courier knows where to leave the parcel if I'm not in or if it's not the usual lady they will leave with a neighbour and put a card through. The odd occasion I've had to send parcels out they've either been picked up on time or I've taken them to the collection point.

ThomasGreent Thu 11-Nov-21 08:27:05

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ThomasGreent Thu 11-Nov-21 08:28:01

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Elegran Thu 11-Nov-21 08:46:13

Reported as spam.

Kim19 Thu 11-Nov-21 08:51:27

I try my best to accommodate my Hermes delivery girl. She seems to be constantly run ragged and often has a baby in her car. Hear tell they are paid sweetie money but I don't actually know that. Suspect it might be near the truth though.

Ali08 Thu 11-Nov-21 08:52:38

HERMES HA!!
I was awaiting a delivery a few weeks ago, for a friend. It finally turned up. On opening we found half the contents missing. It was vape oils, I think that's what they're called. He had ordered 2 lots, 2 flavours, and one flavour was lacking. So I got in touch with the sellers and had a right row with them. Apparently, the one I got onto was the one who had packed them so then I sent pics of the packaging, saying I didn't think much of their packing, either!
It turned out that particular driver was very dodgy, had swiped the ones he liked and hastily rewrapped.
The seller sent the rest out by Royal Mail and we received them 2 days later, all present and correct.
So now they do this all the time with these vape things!
Lately, I've come across a lovely man on etsy who makes rings from old coin. I ordered 2. All fine. Then I saw an aquabeads set I'd like to try, so I waited, and waited, and was thinking he makes the rings quicker than HERMES can deliver!
Well, it turned out the parcel has gone walkabouts. But he sent another for me, after making a complaint to them, and I've now got some. Heavens knows where the first one got to?
I've heard lots of people complaining about HERMES, but our local posties are fine!!

Shinamae Thu 11-Nov-21 08:53:58

Hermes used to be absolutely awful, I don’t think they ever knocked on the door but would put a card through the door and where it said please telephone this number they never ever left the phone number. I even rang Amazon and said I need to be told in future if Hermes is going to be delivering an item and if so I will cancel the item(obviously they weren’t going to do that!!) But the last couple of years we have a splendid chap that does it, he will even take parcels we have to return as Hermes closed the drop-off point in my town so now very happy with Hermes,well with this one chap in particular ?

multicolourswapshop Thu 11-Nov-21 08:54:19

The Hermes delivery lady has been with us for a long time she’s extremely diligent in letting us know she’s dropped a parcel off inside my front door where she takes a photo then shouts in a very loud voice PARCEL. if I’m not in she’ll leave a card and then we’ll phone her direct when she’ll return either to drop it off again or collect a returns. Perfect ?

Lincslass Thu 11-Nov-21 08:57:47

Personally have not found a problem with Hermes, they know our neighbours, if no one is in they leave parcel with them and a note through the door.