Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Hermes delivery

(99 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

H1954 Sat 18-Jan-20 12:51:14

This might sound rather trivial in the great scheme of things but has anyone ever had to complain about a Hermes delivery and how did you go about it? I've searched the website and can find NO WAY of registering a complaint! Problem is,I was expecting a parcel this morning but had to go out so I opted for it to be left with a neighbour by registering it through their proper channels. The parcel was just left by my door and no attempt was made to try the neighbours house!

muse Thu 11-Nov-21 09:17:47

Our Hermes’ delivery lady is brilliant. Tracking’s good too. We use their collection service too. Cheaper and more reliable than Royal Mail.

MichaelGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 11-Nov-21 09:30:45

Elegran

Reported as spam.

Thanks!
Spam deleted and spammer banned.

lavenderzen Thu 11-Nov-21 09:49:48

I think it must be area related in respect of Hermes. I have regular deliveries from them and know the driver, never had a problem. I also use them to despatch stuff, and again they are excellent.

Katie59 Thu 11-Nov-21 10:13:39

They are paid peanuts I had a parcel from the yesterday, Email notification a knock on the door and delivery notified, I’m not sure they can do much more.

25Avalon Thu 11-Nov-21 10:36:33

In my area Hermes are cr**. They do not deliver to the door as they go by the gps system which could be a long way from your door. They dump in hedges, in rubbish bins, by the roadside, anywhere but your door, and send a photo which you may or not recognised. I had one which was just a blurr!

I have complained to Hermes umpteen times but to no avail. I have sent emails to their head office, filled in their customer satisfaction form, and left messages with Holly. Initially they tell you to go back to the sender. They have promised to take it up with their local courier but nothing happens. Now I have a long list of companies I will not order from as their carrier is Hermes and I cannot take the hassle. I do not designate a safe place. I ask for delivery to the door. I am in 24/7. They say they will deliver to the door but it’s a lie. This has been going on for over a year and is a nightmare for us living here. People leave signs. They are ignored.

I placed an order for a book from Amazon 2 weeks ago not realising it was A marketplace. Yes, the courier was the dreaded Hermes. They just dumped the package under a bush at the end of my drive. No notification. I discovered it when putting the rubbish out at the end of the week after 2 days of torrential rain. It was sodden as it was in cardboard packaging. Postscript books sent me another by DPD and will now only use that carrier for my address. PS Books were very good. Hermes bl** awful.

Now I know someone who delivers for Hermes elsewhere. She is excellent and very conscientious. The people there are fortunate. So COME ON HERMES GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER . Do something about the rogue couriers. Your name is mud because of them.

Sago Thu 11-Nov-21 10:44:58

This just about sums it up.

seacliff Thu 11-Nov-21 10:46:30

Our local Hermes person is good and I can contact them. However recently had problem with two parcels apparently delivered to Hermes in the depot but then gone missing. Eventually I did a pm to both companies on Facebook and they both got back to me. Turns out the parcels hadn't actually been sent out to Hermes so it wasn't their fault.

theworriedwell Thu 11-Nov-21 10:49:04

I've had a couple of times where they have emailed me to say something has been delivered but it hasn't. The first one turned up the next day, the second one I reclaimed the money from the company I bought it from, I paid for next day delivery and it didn't arrive so I had my money back. It did eventually turn up and they paid for it to be sent back.

Shinamae Thu 11-Nov-21 10:50:55

Sago

This just about sums it up.

????

henetha Thu 11-Nov-21 10:54:33

My Hermes are pretty good. They know where to leave parcels if I am out. But it does bug me that they expect online praise everytime they deliver anything. Ggggrrrrr

Elizabeth27 Thu 11-Nov-21 11:37:35

If the parcel is not delivered they do not get paid, it used to be 38p per parcel, having used time and fuel to get to you it seems reasonable to leave the parcel, due to time constraints they cannot be knocking on doors to find a neighbour in.

Personally I have always been happy with Hermes but know via Facebook there are a lot that are not.

Maggiemaybe Thu 11-Nov-21 11:53:43

Yet another old thread resurrected - at least this one is still relevant!

We have two lovely Hermes delivery guys, friendly and efficient. And no problem with any other service either, apart from our local UPS. Their nearest drop-off point is over 2 miles away, the daily cut-off is supposed to be 2pm. I trailed up there with an Apple phone going in for repair, arrived at 12 and they’d been and gone. UPS don’t allow their shopkeepers to keep parcels overnight, so I’d to walk up again the next day - and was advised to get there before 10 as that’s when they usually pick up! When I was told it was ready at the same shop for collection, it wasn’t, so back I went the next day. Still, all those steps on my pedometer….. ?

All delivery drivers have a hectic schedule and a difficult job to do though. I was delivering leaflets yesterday and every other house seemed to have a parcel or two on the doorstep. Most do arrive promptly and safely, round here at least.

Daisend1 Thu 11-Nov-21 12:04:25

I cannot fault Hermes.They give a tracking number and you give details when placing your order where you want parcels left. Delivery drivers, well mine, have never let me down.

25Avalon Thu 11-Nov-21 14:49:48

Lucky you Daisendl. Why don’t Hermes do something about the bad apples?

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 11-Nov-21 15:18:58

I’ve had mixed experiences with Hermes. Round here it just seems to be people using their cars to deliver when it suits. I’ve had them ‘update’ me by email saying my parcel has been damaged then a few days later saying it’s been ‘lost’. The other day I ordered something from The White Company who have always used Hermes with things taking a long while to arrive. Next day I had an email from ‘Amazon Shipping’ saying they would deliver my TWC parcel the following day, which they did. Never heard of Amazon delivering for others before but I selfishly hope this is a new trend much as I berate them for the low UK taxes and treatment of employees.

Auntieflo Thu 11-Nov-21 16:14:50

On our local Nextdoor posts, it has been reported that a couple have been seen stealing parcels that have been left on doorsteps. I don't know how true this is, but when I took in a parcel, after lunch, for our neighbours, I mentioned it to the delivery driver. All he said was, " well, it's that time of year".
Not a helpful response.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 11-Nov-21 16:19:42

Yes I have seen CCTV images of this happening. Thankfully we’re a long way back from the road but easy pickings in some places I expect. There are some despicable people about.

nexus63 Thu 11-Nov-21 16:25:50

i have had so many problems with hermes , they just drop it at the door and don't knock the door or the letterbox, i stay in a small block of flats each landing has 12 houses, i have had parcels go missing but on the website it clearly shows my door and the parcel, some online stores i have stopped using because it is hermes that deliver. they send an email asking how there service was and i tell them but it does not make any difference.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 11-Nov-21 16:29:35

Once Hermes were adamant they had delivered my parcel and proudly sent me a photo of it … outside someone else’s house.

ayse Thu 11-Nov-21 16:30:49

I just avoid using Hermes if I possibly can. We have had two parcels go missing only to turn up weeks later. Their website is not easy to negotiate and finding the tracking number is a work of art in itself.

My SIL runs an auction business. He has told us on several occasions about pallets of Hermes parcels being up for sale in his supplier’s warehouse.

Well everyone to their own but I’d use any other carrier in preference to Hermes.

Flaxseed Thu 11-Nov-21 21:51:32

I am waiting for two parcels. One was ‘delivered’ last week apparently, even had a photo attached to prove it.
It wasn’t my front door hmm

I found out who the door belonged to and they had two parcels delivered, both belonging to them.
Tried the online bot chat thing.
Then got a message to say it was out for delivery again, quickly followed by another message to say they couldn’t find my address (they found it a couple of weeks ago confused )
I have given directions (it’s not hard to find) but - nothing.
You would think a reputable company like John Lewis would use a more reliable company. I’ll never order online from them again and will now have to start the process of trying to get a refund angry

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 11-Nov-21 22:09:00

That’s awful. M&S use them too.?

Flaxseed Thu 11-Nov-21 22:44:18

And Boden. All reputable retailers hmm

Marydoll Thu 11-Nov-21 22:51:10

We have two Hermes couriers, a weekday one and a weekend one.

We had a parcel delivered unexpectedly at the weekend and found the parcel placed safely in the greenhouse, with a card through the door.

The weekday courier knows exactly who to leave the parcels with if we are not a home. He never leaves them on doorsteps. We all have an arrangement with him to leave parcels with trusted neighbours.
I hope he never leaves!!

Calistemon Thu 11-Nov-21 23:20:24

I am waiting for two parcels. One was ‘delivered’ last week apparently, even had a photo attached to prove it.
It wasn’t my front door
That happened last year but it was Amazon
I never did find out whose front door it was but they did replace the item.