Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Weighted blankets?

(57 Posts)
Jane10 Fri 06-Mar-20 14:26:40

Does anyone have experience of these? DGS has sleep problems and, reading about these, they sound like a good idea. They're quite expensive though so before I splash out I thought I'd ask Grans.

Mollygo Sat 07-Mar-20 23:57:47

My GS has one and sleeps better with it-also keeps him calm on long journeys. I can’t cope with weight in bed so it’s not for me.

Sparklefizz Sun 08-Mar-20 09:59:40

Koala have probably sold out because they are one of the best, and have come top of the reviews ..... plus I keep recommending them to all my friends blush

Jane10 Sun 08-Mar-20 10:22:03

Oh I hope they haven't sold out Sparklefizz. My order has been acknowledged and money taken. Supposed to be 3 day delivery.
I wonder where they are manufactured? I hope not China or Italy. DH's old business used to have items made there and imported. Problems now though. sad

NotAGran55 Sat 21-Mar-20 07:20:42

Jane10 How are you getting on with your weighted blanket?

Over time I am definitely sleeping better than ever with mine .
Not sure how it will be in the warmer weather ahead .

Jane10 Sat 21-Mar-20 07:27:03

It wasn't for me. However, my 9 year old DGS who's had lifelong sleep problems now sleeps right through happily snuggled in his Koala blanket. What a success its been!

NotAGran55 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:53:56

That’s a good result then Jane10

It’s good that the weight / size that you bought was suitable too for a youngster as it can be dangerous to use a blanket that is too heavy .