Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Have you ever eaten a Terry's Chocolate Orange?

(112 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 30-Mar-20 19:42:28

As a rule I don't have a sweet tooth but for some strange reason, I blame the virus, I bought one of the pesky orange-shaped blobs, which are made with real orange oil.

I'm about to eat the last 2 segments and have only just idly checked the calorie count! shock

Tomorrow's walk is gonna have to be a long one!

JuliaM Mon 30-Mar-20 23:04:39

I like the Plain Chocolate version, but rarely get any in the local shops except for around Christmas time, then DH cannot resist eating a whole one to himself given a chance!

Maggiemaybe Mon 30-Mar-20 23:05:40

I'm surprised that people don't eat them in one sitting. I wouldn't consider eating one any other way. I ate a whole box of Mother's Day Roses in one sitting last Sunday.

Which is why I never ever buy chocolate for myself and don't get my hands on it very often. grin

Unfortunately (and I do mean that) I have fourteen Easter eggs sitting here that I wish I'd handed out when I had the chance. Only one of them is technically mine. They're in date till the end of July, so I'll hang on as long as I can.....

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:09:59

I didn't know there was a plain version, that would be nice. To answer your question I have eaten many many many of them but not all in one go - I have to be very strong and just break off a few segments each day.

I also like the solid piece in the middle as a final treatsmile

annep1 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:18:14

Oh yes, the best egg ever. I haven't had one for ages. Having high blood sugar is the pits.
I remember tapping them on the table to loosen the segments. I think I might add one to my next order and hide it in my bedside drawer but will only eat one segment at a time.

Chestnut Mon 30-Mar-20 23:36:59

I always used to eat a whole one on Christmas Day in the evening as my supper. These days I can only manage half, and the second half on Boxing Day. ?

annodomini Mon 30-Mar-20 23:37:03

This thread is making my mouth water. I haven't had anything chocolate for almost two weeks now and a chocolate orange would fill the gap nicely.

crazyH Mon 30-Mar-20 23:43:13

Never fancied it -

Riverwalk Tue 31-Mar-20 08:34:55

Right I've done the maths - I ate 822 calories in my moment of madness and it takes about 4 hours to walk off shock

I'm heading out soon ... I may be some time hmm

mumofmadboys Tue 31-Mar-20 08:47:17

I agree with nannylovesshopping . A box of Maltesers is a great treat! My favourite of all chocolates!

MamaCaz Tue 31-Mar-20 08:48:51

Will you lot shut up!

I am one item short of the maximum of 80 on my online delivery order. If you don't stop,, I will be adding a chocolate orange and it will be all your fault! ?

Sarahmob Tue 31-Mar-20 10:58:53

I love chocolate orange (although I usually manage to spread it over a couple of nights)

mimismo Tue 31-Mar-20 11:01:09

I love milk chocolate, and white (which technically isn't) but I can't bear flavoured chocolate so Terrys, Toblerone, After Eights etc bleah!

jaylucy Tue 31-Mar-20 11:03:06

I can only ever manage a couple of segments

sophieschoice Tue 31-Mar-20 11:03:26

I put a couple of Easter eggs in the freezer usually button/smarties. Then have a chocolate treat later in the year ?

Moggycuddler Tue 31-Mar-20 11:03:35

Yes. I love them and usually they last me for 2 sessions. Next best thing to Jaffa cakes, which I always eat the whole packet of. Oh, and After Eights are another thing I tend to gorge on. But only one of these things maybe once a fortnight or so. Other than these three weaknesses, I don't go mad with chocolate or sweet things, and I'm pretty thin.

lexigran Tue 31-Mar-20 11:07:00

We always had them at christmas when we were kids. I like the middle bit best.smile Remember, It's not Terry's....it's mine !!

annygee Tue 31-Mar-20 11:08:31

I like the idea of making an edible table decoration.... sweet tidying and happy washer-uppers!

sweetcakes Tue 31-Mar-20 11:08:36

Now I want one ?

Craftycat Tue 31-Mar-20 11:10:15

Terry's Chocolate Orange! My favourite- haven't had one for a while though since I discovered Lindt Lindors- oh the pink ones & the white ones!!!

allatsea Tue 31-Mar-20 11:11:02

I'm thinking I will eat the GCs eggs and send them an online Amazon voucher instead!

B9exchange Tue 31-Mar-20 11:11:40

Love them, but has to be the plain one. I think £7 is the most exorbitant I have seen them priced at, always stock up if you see one for a £1.

MamaCaz, how on earth have you got a delivery slot, nothing available here on any supermarket site at all! sad

Esspee Tue 31-Mar-20 11:14:44

Disgusting combination orange and milk chocolate. How could you OP?

Jaycee5 Tue 31-Mar-20 11:14:55

I used to always buy one for Christmas. Couldn't eat more than a segment at a time though (and I am a bit of a chocolate guzzler). It's been quite a while since I've had one.
I bought a packet of 4 kit kats yesterday and didn't realise that it was white chocolate. Very thick as well. It is like eating sugar. I won't make that mistake again.

humptydumpty Tue 31-Mar-20 11:15:58

My thought exactly - how have people got these delivery slots?!

Aepgirl Tue 31-Mar-20 11:17:58

No, I hate the combination of chocolate and orange.