Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Beach tips please 1 year old baby on beach

(57 Posts)
Abuelana Sat 13-Jun-20 13:26:12

My granddaughter is 1 and we’ve started to take her on the bevy in the mornings. We live in Spain. We go early in the morning and home for lunch time. Do any of you have tips for taking babies to the beach? The only one I can remember is talc and a small paint brush for getting sand off feet and legs ?

NannyC1 Sun 14-Jun-20 15:10:02

Am i right to assume the Talc and paintbrush are to remove the sand from her legs and arms and not to use instead of sunscreen? To shelter my Dgd we used a windbreaker with a towel over the top and one on the sand. Have a lovely time.

Heket Sun 14-Jun-20 16:14:51

Slip, slap, slop as per Australian habits.

And stay away from crowded areas if Covid is still appearing in Spain.

You’d never forgive yourself if she or anyone she cane into contact with developed coronavirus- and we still don’t know enough about asymptomatic carriers.

Abuelana Sun 14-Jun-20 16:24:44

Thanks ladies lots of useful tips - we certainly are going to enjoy her time at the beach.

Fennel Sun 14-Jun-20 16:54:53

The first time I took my oldest 2 to 'my' beach the baby was in his pushchair the older boy about 3, holding on the side.
But as soon as he saw the sea he made a dash for it and ran in, fully clothed!
I can't remember how we got him back to my parent's house.
He did the same thing when we stopped to look out from the headland at Tynemouth where the Tyne starts but I caught him.
He's still very impulsive.

GagaJo Sun 14-Jun-20 21:39:50

My grandson does the same thing at North Shields or Cambois Fennel. Any weather. He's not particular.

EmilyHarburn Mon 15-Jun-20 11:30:04

sunhat, parasol. You do not want to burn or dehydrate the baby so water.