Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Dress code for Zoom meetings

(53 Posts)
Jane10 Wed 08-Jul-20 10:17:47

I'm wondering what I should wear for a Zoom meeting. Obviously only my top half will be on show but that's pretty scruffy these days. Ironing has gone by the wayside as has my waistline. Maybe I should wear a jacket so I'll look like I was just on my way out (also would cover up unironed jumper). Alternatively, I could dig out a smart top and do my hair and put on (gasp!) make up if I could remember how to put it on!
Oh dear the pressures if modern living.

Peardrop50 Thu 09-Jul-20 22:44:55

No longer working but if I was I'd probably wear whatever I would normally wear at work. Our zoom meetings are family or friends so just casual but clean and tidy. Careful to have a tidy background but have been caught out when Mr P turns it round to show dishes on the draining board.
Re- tv have to admit to enjoying seeing everyone's homes and also making my own amateur psychologists assumptions about what people choose to show in the background, such fun.

Casdon Thu 09-Jul-20 23:01:00

I just don’t put my camera on if I’m not looking good, you just need to explain that you’re using the docking station, which means you can’t use the camera anyway - that way you can be in your dressing gown with a face pack on and they will never know.