Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Golden Wedding Gift

(58 Posts)
Glenfinnan Thu 09-Jul-20 16:23:02

I’m looking to pick a. Gransnetter’s brains here please. Looking for ideas for dear friends anniversary. He is suffering from a neurological condition so not all that mobile which rules out The Theatre etc.
I know other friends are buying a voucher for Restaurant meal out. Family are buying garden furniture. They seem to have everything for their home. I did think of Golden coloured rose trees? But would be grateful for all ideas!

agnurse Fri 10-Jul-20 21:59:52

My godparents have their 50th anniversary this year. I am planning to make them a cross stitch anniversary record.

dirgni Fri 10-Jul-20 22:02:47

We had, among other things, a beautiful rose called golden wedding!

Flygirl Sat 11-Jul-20 21:51:34

There is a rose bush you can buy which is actually called Golden Wedding. I bought the Ruby Wedding Rose for a friend last year and it's been a source of delight.

Thistlelass Mon 13-Jul-20 17:11:09

Would it be possible, given the gentleman's mobility issues, to take them out in the car somewhere scenic for a 'golden' themed picnic? This need not be expensively put together (even 2 couples could assist with this). Some photographs be taken and popped into a little album for them to share on rainy days.

Puzzler61 Thu 16-Jul-20 17:03:32

For Bijou.
My rose was delivered today. ? - it’s flowers will be yellow and blush, (not red), though not in flower right now.

Puzzler61 Thu 16-Jul-20 17:04:11

PS I placed it in the ceramic pot - it comes in a plastic one.

Lexisgranny Thu 16-Jul-20 17:53:31

My cousin’s husband was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, so we took photographs of all the local places they had enjoyed going to together, adding the church where they were married and the hotel where their wedding reception was held. These we put into a golden coloured photograph album. This was something they both enjoyed, although this may not be appropriate on this occasion or even possible thanks to CV.