Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Kids back to school

(105 Posts)
Summerlove Sun 23-Aug-20 20:32:13

We each have to do things whichever way we feel is right in for us.

I find this fascinating

If this were the case, then why all the anger at people in parks/beaches? Why bother locking down at all?

It’s truly not just the young who ignore guidelines, no matter how much some want to blame them.

Greenfinch Sun 23-Aug-20 20:25:07

Our 13 year old grandchildren are living with us and shielded with us all through lockdown. I am not looking forward to their going back to school as I feel there is little we can do. We do have our own bathroom and towels and we will extend the dining room table so that we are sitting further apart at meal times but we have to drop them up and pick them up by car.

tanith Sun 23-Aug-20 20:05:14

I’ll be making sure my 15yr old GD washes her hands and leaves her bag/stuff in the hall but as for changing clothes or showering no shan’t be doing that. She comes once a week to have dinner with me which we’ve been doing all through lockdown I feel it’s enough for us. We each have to do things whichever way we feel is right in for us.

Esspee Sun 23-Aug-20 19:58:47

You seem to have thought of pretty much everything Toddy. I feel with children you have to supervise things like hand washing to ensure they are doing it thoroughly and for long enough.

Toddy Sun 23-Aug-20 19:50:31

Well, start of term is nearly here and like many grandparents, we will be doing school runs and helping with childcare. Just wondering if people in a similar position have developed anti-covid routines they are happy to share? I'm thinking about things like school pick up - hand sanitizer before kids get in car? Getting changed out of uniform or shower on arrival home? Separate toilets, own towels etc for children at our house? I will have a preschooler and 2 at school for 3 days a week and want to keep us all as safe as possible. Thanks in advance.