Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Right groin pain and lower abdomen discomfort.

(35 Posts)
rosiesgran Thu 05-Nov-20 15:49:20

Hi all! I’m new to Gransnet but I’m hoping that some of you other grans out there can give me the benefit of your wisdom.
I have osteoarthritis in my right hip, not bad enough yet for a replacement but painful nonetheless. Lately my groin and lower abdomen have been really uncomfortable and ache nearly all the time. I’m scheduled for a steroid injection next week but am concerned that the groin ache may be something else. Has anyone else experienced significant groin discomfort?

grandtanteJE65 Thu 12-Nov-20 11:56:23

By now, I am sure you have realised that the pain in your groin can be caused by many things, so do mention it to your doctor.

rosiesgran Thu 19-Nov-20 16:56:32

Update on tests.
Both ultrasound and cystoscopy show nothing unusual with waterworks. Much relief!
Consultant wants a ct scan with contrast but just to cross ‘ts’and dot ‘is’. He says he doesn’t expect to find anything and says that it’s normal protocol when there has been visible blood. He seemed to be happy so I’m feeling less anxious.

welbeck Thu 19-Nov-20 17:01:44

that's good. and glad you had prompt attn.

Jane10 Thu 19-Nov-20 22:22:34

That must be so reassuring for you. Glad to hear this.

Coolgran65 Thu 19-Nov-20 22:30:17

You did the right thing. Such a relief.

Ngaio1 Fri 20-Nov-20 10:23:43

3 years ago, I had small twinges in lower abdomen and a feeling of "something not quite right". Saw my super GP who sent me for a scan. It showed an ovarian cyst which was later removed. No problems since.

rosiesgran Fri 20-Nov-20 18:37:59

We are so lucky when we have a good GP who will listen to our concerns and act on them.
I still have some groin discomfort, even after the cortisone hip injection but it is looking now that the hip is indeed the culprit. Having the other tests has been reassuring.

rosiesgran Tue 24-Nov-20 10:01:51

For the first time in many weeks, I had a day without groin or lower right abdomen discomfort. I have my fingers crossed that the hip injection is indeed working. It feels so good not to be in pain!

Jane10 Tue 24-Nov-20 10:22:56

Long may it continue!