Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Daughter won’t speak

(103 Posts)
Torbaygran Tue 15-Dec-20 20:39:32

I’m afraid my daughter won’t speak to me due to our completely differing views on the current situation. After a heated exchange of views by email and FB I suggested we totally drop the subject and asked if we could start again but she’s blocked me and won’t answer me. We live quite close but the last time I knocked the door she just poked her face out and said she was ok. She has lost her job through this so called pandemic and her husband can’t work through illness. I was sending them cash and helping with groceries before but said I would now save it till she decided to speak to me. I’ve always trodden on eggshells around her and she only gets on intermittently with her sister. Should I carry on paying into her account as she never acknowledges receiving it or thanking me. Feel so hurt but I won’t cut her off. Any suggestions please? No children involved thankfully.

Callistemon Fri 18-Dec-20 19:27:51

Lucca

Good. It has gone

?

Worrying that people don't understand different viruses or even the difference between viruses and bacteria.

Hetty58 Fri 18-Dec-20 20:17:08

I would think that a mother would always want to help a child (grown up or not) whenever possible.

It certainly wouldn't have conditions attached (like 'agree with me, be nice to me', etc.)

I have major differences of opinions with a sibling. We just avoid the major subjects that we just can't agree on. I can't be bothered to argue.

It's truly amazing, though, that a person can have set ideas and deaf ears - despite all the proven facts. It just illustrates that if you close your mind - you can believe anything!