Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Volume on TV

(55 Posts)
Stoker48 Thu 24-Dec-20 08:40:55

Not sure if different sets have differing sliding volume scales, but I’m interested what volume you have your TV.
The person in my bubble seems to have it really loud. When watching TV with them, I generally wear ear plugs ( just the freebie ones) but don’t feel they are that good.
I’ve started to feel a sort of pressure in my ears all the time now. Not sure if this is related and / or coincidental.

Oldbat1 Thu 24-Dec-20 19:40:31

Subtitles on all the time except the bbc news. Can’t/won’t watch any films which don’t have subtitles. I’m lucky to have an appointment for a hearing test in January - I’m hoping for hearing aids!

bridie54 Thu 24-Dec-20 22:56:01

Am late to this party but have do much in common with a lot of what OP’ shave said. DH hated wearing his hearing aids do our tv blared out! I baked out to my workroom often and the peace of my radio. But .., when DH got new hearing aids after a hearing test it was me who was asking for the volume to be turned up a bit. I have constant tinnitus so knew I had a slight hearing loss but like another GN’r I was checked for earwax and yes, a disgusting looking plug was removed. You almost feel ashamed that you had that residing in your ear. Anyway, am now awaiting a hearing test and actually hoping I get hearing aids if it will help with tinnitus. Have any other GNr’s any experience of this?

bridie54 Thu 24-Dec-20 22:59:02

So many typos in my last post. Sorry , should learn to proof read first.

Stoker48 Sat 26-Dec-20 08:23:54

Thanks to everyone for their comments.
No definite answer but very helpful all the same.
Cheers