Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How many pairs of knickers do you own? Without looking, have a guess....

(117 Posts)
Stoker48 Fri 22-Jan-21 13:49:28

Had an on line conversation with a friend yesterday. She had just cleaned out her underwear draw. I did mine at the start of first lock down and had clear out.
I knew I still had quite a few pairs - assumed about 20. Just counted them and, including the pair I’m wearing and two in the washing, I have 70 pairs.
Yes, 70.
Funny thing is, I have my favorites so tend to consistently wear the same half a dozen!

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 17:09:24

Oops forgot! The lucky knickers grin

WishIwasyounger Sat 23-Jan-21 17:46:15

They're all stuffed in a drawer so I've no idea, but I guess about 20? I usualy buy multipacks from TU, so all kinds of colours, but all full brief.
After being on my own for a couple of years after a dreadful divorce I'm thinking I may start dating again, so may need to re-assess my knickers.

Nanna58 Sat 23-Jan-21 18:14:23

Probably about half a dozen decent pairs and about fifty pairs that my mother would disown me for if I was “ run over in them” ! ?

Kandinsky Sat 23-Jan-21 19:03:30

Davida1968
Carry on discussing your underwear with a complete stranger if it makes you happy, but bare in mind the person you’re talking to could be a pervert getting his kicks getting older women. to over share.
Trust me, ( having been on forums for years ) they attract all the weirdos.
It’s a bit of a weird thing to want to talk about in the best of circumstances IMO.
But carry on.

Blinko Sat 23-Jan-21 19:47:27

I guessed at around 30 pairs then got bored counting them later....well over fifty.

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 21:59:34

I am in awe of all the people in this thread who have their knicker drawers neatly sorted!

janeainsworth Sat 23-Jan-21 22:10:28

I wasn’t going to come on this thread, but just want to support what you have said Kandinsky.

BlueSapphire Sat 23-Jan-21 22:49:16

I guessed about 40/50, but have counted and it's more than 60!

GreyKnitter Sat 23-Jan-21 22:57:35

I’ve been and counted and discovered there were less than I thought! 15 pairs neatly folded - 1 pair on and a couple of pairs in wash! Ps. I don’t find talking about my underwear an issue - it’s not a secret and something I would talk to my live friends about. It’s been an enlightening thread!

Grandma11 Sat 23-Jan-21 23:35:30

I have never really counted them to be honest, at a guess I would say about 40 pairs, some are from Supermarket packs in various prints and colours, others are branded ones mostly in Black or White. I am rather awkward to please though, my pet hate is having synthetic fibre fabrics next to my delicate areas of skin, it plays havoc with my Eczema, and leaves me with a nasty itchy rash, so it has to be pure cotton for me!
I also prefare the Shorts style knickers for everyday use rather than having the elasticated leg trimmings of the more conventional styles, I value comfort over fashion, and it's very rare that anyone else gets to see them except me!

Witzend Sat 23-Jan-21 23:58:23

Any grubby old perve would be welcome to get his kicks from my knicker drawer, but I’m afraid he’d be sadly disappointed in my motley and decidedly un-sexy collection.

DanniRae Sun 24-Jan-21 08:14:54

Witzend ........ smile

Angel958 Sun 24-Jan-21 10:18:30

Probably about 25 - all M&S midi. I need to replace most of them really but it’s bottom of the list during lockdown. Forgive the pun!

Angel958 Sun 24-Jan-21 10:21:13

grin

Blinko Wed 03-Feb-21 18:21:11

WishIwasyounger

They're all stuffed in a drawer so I've no idea, but I guess about 20? I usualy buy multipacks from TU, so all kinds of colours, but all full brief.
After being on my own for a couple of years after a dreadful divorce I'm thinking I may start dating again, so may need to re-assess my knickers.

There's optimism for you...grin

Patsy70 Wed 03-Feb-21 18:57:53

Kadinsky, sad, but probably true. sad