Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Punctuality

(30 Posts)
JackK Wed 17-Feb-21 14:29:24

Am I alone in expecting punctuality? I raced home from work as a friend was supposed to be coming at 2pm ... and half an hour later there's no sign of her, or a text to say she is running late. She knows I have to go back out at 4pm and I'll need to shower etc before I leave ...
I'm a bit miffed - aibu?

Bodach Fri 19-Feb-21 15:50:31

I was brought up, and have lived my life, adhering to the dictum: "If you're not two minutes early - you're late!" Being habitually late shows a self-centred attitude and contempt for the other party/ies involved.

Granny65 Sat 20-Feb-21 23:20:42

@ellieanne & @geekesse: I wondered how many posts it would take for the covid police to comment

Sparkling Sun 21-Feb-21 06:25:23

I would not have given an exact time, just after 2 and before 4, if she hadn't come I would have sent a text saying had to get out at 4 and for hope everything was ok with her. It's not as if it was a meal or anything just a handover of items. On the other hand if it's a friend who is habitually late for everything, I would turn up once 1/2 hour late after her, when she comments, which she would, I would say I always have to wait for you so decided as I was so busy, you wouldn't notice and we would arrive at the same time.

Ellianne Sun 21-Feb-21 07:34:23

Granny65

@ellieanne & @geekesse: I wondered how many posts it would take for the covid police to comment

Don't be silly Granny65, my comment was tongue in cheek, as was another of my comments on the DofE thread and was recognised as such.
Maybe I should have used an exclamation make to show this. I apologise.
Similarly the post by geekesse sounded to me like someone thinking out loud, quite sensibly, about a viable alternative to the OP's predicament. We are permitted such musings.
No policing by anyone.