Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone know if *Iam64* is ok?

(258 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Jun-21 06:30:11

I can’t remember seeing her posts for quite a while now.

I have pmd her but no reply

Galaxy Wed 30-Jun-21 06:50:06

Have sent you a PM.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Jun-21 06:54:40

Galaxy

Have sent you a PM.

Thank you for PM - pleased to hear she is fine.

Marydoll Wed 30-Jun-21 07:05:12

That's good to hear.

Doodledog Wed 30-Jun-21 09:35:18

I was wondering about her too.

annodomini Wed 30-Jun-21 09:42:35

Iam64 is just fine - one of my FB friends.

glammanana Wed 30-Jun-21 10:00:37

Pleased to hear she is OK lovely to know she is missed x

Callistemon Wed 30-Jun-21 10:14:35

I'm glad she is ok
Perhaps she's just taking a break.

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Jun-21 10:28:02

While we're at it, and I hope that I'm not invading her privacy, but does anyone know if Urmstongran is okay?
I have not seen a post from Urms for quite a while.
I don't read the Good Morning thread every day, so I might have missed something.
I've pmed her, but no reply.
That you, and apologies if I've trod on anyone's toes

Blossoming Wed 30-Jun-21 10:45:25

SoozieWoozie has also disappeared, but I believe she was on a final warning too.

Ashcombe Wed 30-Jun-21 10:47:57

Urmstongran said she was having a break from GN.

Namsnanny Wed 30-Jun-21 10:57:19

Its lovely to read that some have missed regulars.
I'm always pleased to hear that they are ok and just taking a break.
Otherwise it's a bit Orwelian, should we ask, should we know?
Or just carry on regardless, a new member will fill the slot soon, which is a bit depressing.

jacqrose Wed 30-Jun-21 11:21:47

Don't wish to offend the regular posters but GN could do with some new voices to vary contributions. It does seem a bit cliquey on here and might put others off from posting. It has put me off and I thought about even posting this tbh.

Tizliz Wed 30-Jun-21 11:25:53

jacqrose

Don't wish to offend the regular posters but GN could do with some new voices to vary contributions. It does seem a bit cliquey on here and might put others off from posting. It has put me off and I thought about even posting this tbh.

Especially if you are a thread killer - my speciality!

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Jun-21 11:27:18

Thank you Ashcombe

Jacrose the only way that there can be 'new voices' is if they actually post.
What is your solution? Do you want 'regular posters' such as myself, to stop posting? Put a limit on our posts?

If you, or others, have something to say go ahead and say it for heaven's sake! smile
Just get stuck in!
What is the worst that can happen?

jacqrose Wed 30-Jun-21 11:32:42

"FannyCornforth" no, of course not, freedom of speech and all that but it often seems that about a dozen or so posters are on all the threads just talking to themselves. Just saying smile

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Jun-21 11:35:27

I do know what you mean!
I'm probably the worst culprit!
Sorry blush

jacqrose Wed 30-Jun-21 11:40:33

Oh no, I don't want you to feel bad. It's just an observation, others may disagree.

Marydoll Wed 30-Jun-21 11:50:58

jacqrose, all of us were newbies once and had to take the plunge.
People only get to know you if you post. I certainly was wary of posting initially, however, people were very welcoming and not cliquey at all.
I have to say that I now feel a bit awkward about posting after reading your comment.

For those of us who have health conditions and were sheilding, GN was a lifeline, when we were not allowed to leave the house, nor have contact with anyone.
Posting helped pass what could be a lonely day and offered some contact with the outside world. People begin to recognise you and I have made some good friends on here.

Marydoll Wed 30-Jun-21 11:52:51

That is not meant to be a dig at you, by the way. On reading my post, it did seem a bit abrupt, it was meant to be an observation!

GillT57 Wed 30-Jun-21 12:06:09

While we are on the subject, and before this thread gets shut down, has anyone heard from Gillybob? I have sent her a PM but had no reply. Glad to hear that the others on the roll call are ok!

Riverwalk Wed 30-Jun-21 12:08:51

jacqrose

"FannyCornforth" no, of course not, freedom of speech and all that but it often seems that about a dozen or so posters are on all the threads just talking to themselves. Just saying smile

Well that wouldn't be the case if other members, such as yourself, contributed to threads!

Marydoll Wed 30-Jun-21 12:12:57

I'm sure NanKate won't mind me saying, she keeps in touch with Gillybob.
Urmstongran, has said she has taken a temporary break, but will be back.

Doodledog Wed 30-Jun-21 12:14:25

jacqrose

You can't have it both ways. If having regular posters puts newbies from joining in, so the regulars move over to make room for them, what happens when the newbies become regulars?

That is sort of what happens, I suppose, then there are threads saying that things were so much better in the old days, so the current regulars get upset and stop posting, and the cycle begins again.

Just post if you want to, and don't if you don't, is my advice. It's not fair to complain about those who do post if you don't though - it's like non-voters moaning about the government.

GillT57 Wed 30-Jun-21 12:22:03

Good to hear Gillybob is ok, as is Urmostongran, thanks for the info. I had been wondering just how Gillybob had been faring with furlough and all the associated hassles of being an employer. I am so glad I am out of that.