Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Early pregnancy feeling very sick

(30 Posts)
pigsmayfly. Sun 12-Sep-21 10:54:30

Advice please Grans. What did you do to help with constantly feeling sick in early pregnancy (6weeks). Mum to be starting new job tomorrow, can’t tell anyone yet and not sure how she will cope.

pinkquartz Sun 12-Sep-21 13:40:00

A jar of crystalised ginger cubes helped me when ill and constantly feeling sick.
when pregnant it was a case of having to have something dry and sweet like a rich tea biscuit.
Just the one though.

pigsmayfly. Sun 12-Sep-21 13:43:05

Thank you so much lovely Grans. This is a wonderful forum and I really appreciate you all?

VioletSky Sun 12-Sep-21 13:44:25

I used to lick lemon slices and have lemon in water. Advice given to me and I don't know why it worked but it did.

GagaJo Sun 12-Sep-21 13:50:37

The Duchess of Cambridge was very lucky to get that level of care DiscoDancer. For the average British woman, it is more or less a case of being left to get on with it. My DD was ONLY hospitalised when they realised she was so severely dehydrated, her organs were in danger of shutting down.

Which is why it is SO important to get to the doctor before it gets too bad, particularly at the moment.

I've heard quite a lot about HG since my DD was pregnant. I wonder if the incidence is rising and if so, why? You're more inclined to get it if you suffer from travel sickness or sickness after anaesthetics. No idea why.