Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Pushed away by 9 year old grandson

(54 Posts)
harihot Sun 05-Dec-21 20:10:56

I would appreciate anyone else's experience and /or advice. Today my husband and I were looking after our grandson.Just before my husband was about to take him home , he and my grandson were horsing around with each other as they often do. This time though ,Kai , my grandson accidentally got biffed on the nose by my husband. My grandson put his hand over his nose and ran off.As he suffers from fairly frequent nose bleeds I ran after him to see if he was ok.He was standing with his face to the wall in another room and I went over to him and put my arms round him from the back and asked him if his nose was bleeding and if he was ok.He physically and quite forcefully pushed me away and then went out of that room and into another room.I followed him there which with hindsight I wish I had not done.Each time I came into the room he was in , he immediately vacated the room. I felt as if I had been the one who accidentally had hit his nose and also felt very hurt at being pushed away. Is my grandson's behaviour normal and am I being too sensitive at feeling hurt by him pushing me away when I was trying to comfort him ?He is at the stage now where he is not wanting kisses and hugs when saying goodbye for example and as I am not a particularly huggy person anyway , I accept that as normal for a 9 year old boy.Thanks for any views and advice.

Calistemon Tue 07-Dec-21 14:44:28

I wasn't picking my nose when I was riding my bike!!!

MissAdventure Tue 07-Dec-21 14:51:57

Ah yes, bit did you do a bit of nose mining at other times?

Calistemon Tue 07-Dec-21 15:36:48

No, never!