Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's for lunch and dinner today?

(299 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 08-Jan-22 12:23:48

I've not long had breakfast but it was very meagre - a bit of granola and yoghurt. I'm quite well stocked with goodies but can't decide what to have and need some inspiration.

What are your eating plans for the day?

NotAGran55 Sat 08-Jan-22 14:07:00

Lunch was homemade celeriac soup. Dinner will be sea bass with stir fried veggies with chilli sauce.

maryrose54 Sat 08-Jan-22 14:18:39

Porridge with sultanas in it for breakfast, cuppa soup, cheese and crackers and a mince pie just now, then later I'm making pizza - I really enjoy making the dough.

Auntieflo Sat 08-Jan-22 14:19:01

Sausage rolls , coleslaw and tea, for lunch
Dinner will be chicken casserole, with lots of veg.
Breakfast was thick crumpets with home made, by my GD's, damson jam

Riverwalk Sat 08-Jan-22 14:25:42

I settled on M&S chunky haddock chowder for lunch, and have a batch-cooked lamb & apricot tagine defrosting for tonight.

It's been non-stop rain and very gloomy here today so comfort food in order.

Greyduster Sat 08-Jan-22 14:28:53

A slice of pumpkin seed rye bread and a banana for breakfast (hate breakfast); a ham and pickle sandwich for lunch, and a beef and vegetable stew in the slow cooker will be our tea. I prefer to let it stand for a day to let the flavours develop, but needs must! There will be plenty to freeze for another time.

Kim19 Sat 08-Jan-22 14:32:11

Lunch was Cock-a-Leekie soup. Delicious! Later will be Chicken Chow Mein.

MiniMoon Sat 08-Jan-22 14:48:02

We have had pork chops with a homemade brown sugar glaze served with dauphinoise potatoes and baked beans, because it was just what I fancied.
And very tasty it was too.

1summer Sat 08-Jan-22 14:53:43

Breakfast blueberries, cherries greek yogurt and seeds
Lunch, small omelette baguette with tomatoes
Dinner will be Homemade beef madras, rice and popadums

Snack 3 shortbread biscuits (so far) ?

Grandpajo Sat 08-Jan-22 14:56:34

Lunch.Baked potatoes with beans,grated cheese, onions, sweet cucumber and gherkins and laoganma black beans in Chile sauce.
Tea.Hot Cross buns.

M0nica Sat 08-Jan-22 16:46:46

Friends coming for lunch today, which will be a simple salad, with ham and a quiche, followed by a 'boozy trifle'. this the description that our guest gave us of the pudding she will be bringing.

This evening we will eat the remains of the salad - and boozy trifle. It was delicious.

Boz Sat 08-Jan-22 16:52:07

MiniMoon

We have had pork chops with a homemade brown sugar glaze served with dauphinoise potatoes and baked beans, because it was just what I fancied.
And very tasty it was too.

How do you make a brown sugar glaze?

Nortsat Sat 08-Jan-22 17:31:18

Everyone’s meals sound lovely. I am always interested in what other people are eating.

Ham and cheese toastie, with a tomato for our lunch.

Rump steak in a red wine sauce, cauliflower cheese and chips for supper.

crazyH Sat 08-Jan-22 17:43:14

Kittylester, please tell me they were cocktail sausages ?

Maggiemaybe Sat 08-Jan-22 17:50:30

Just a smoothie with spinach and cucumber for breakfast, and a quick cup-a-soup with crackers for lunch. DH is making a fish pie for tea.

But I did have a massive slice of Christmas cake mid-afternoon. And now I have the heartburn to show for it.

kittylester Sat 08-Jan-22 18:09:36

crazyH

Kittylester, please tell me they were cocktail sausages ?

Nope - the butcher's gluten free ones!!

Granniesunite Sat 08-Jan-22 19:33:47

Roll and sausages for breakfast. …. well it is Saturday.

Homemade scotch broth with sourdough bread for lunch and baked potato with homemade chilli and salad for dinner.

I’m now finishing off the crisps that were lurking at the back of the cupboard.

Sago Sat 08-Jan-22 19:45:12

Brunch in York, full English?.
Dinner homemade kicking korma with rice poppadoms, raita etc.

CanadianGran Sat 08-Jan-22 19:48:50

Lunch will be a slice of leftover pizza, and yogurt and fruit.
Dinner will be a surprise since we are invited over to some friends. He is a trained chef, so always good food there!

HurdyGurdy Sat 08-Jan-22 19:59:58

I'm back on Slimming World, so brunch today was The Full Mexican (potato, peppers and bacon cooked in herbs/spices, and a fried egg added at the end), and dinner tonight was Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl. Both new recipes to me, and both very tasty. DH had seconds tonight, which never happens!

Cabbie21 Sat 08-Jan-22 20:16:51

Eggy potato and bacon for lunch. Slice of melon at 4 pm. Kedgeree this evening, followed by grapes.

Tizliz Sat 08-Jan-22 20:17:25

Sago

Brunch in York, full English?.
Dinner homemade kicking korma with rice poppadoms, raita etc.

Is that a hot curry?

HowVeryDareYou Sat 08-Jan-22 22:29:58

Shreddies and a banana for breakfast, then
2 poached eggs on toast for lunch, then
Spaghetti Bolognese for tea

Whitewavemark2 Sun 09-Jan-22 07:58:50

Boiled egg with dippy soldiers

Minestrone soup

Fish pie with broccoli and carrots

kittylester Sun 09-Jan-22 08:40:48

Gluten free cornflakes

Roast pork, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, red cabbage, honey roast parsnips and gravy. All veg from the freezer - result!!

And whatever helps after DH's team lose their cup match this afternoon for supper.

BlueSapphire Sun 09-Jan-22 09:35:02

Bacon roll for brunch.
Packet of crisps mid afternoon. (May have small glass of sherry with them!)
Roast chicken leg, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, peas and gravy, followed by ice-cream and/or Christmas cake.