Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Helen Mirren

(132 Posts)
honeyrose Sat 28-May-22 10:39:21

What do you think to Helen Mirren’s hair and make-up sported this week at the Cannes Film Festival? I normally think that HM is beautifully groomed and doesn’t look her age, yet has that edgy styling which helps her look younger and sassier. I think she went overboard at the recent film festival though. It makes her look older and rather - dare I say it - witchy. Nil points from me!

Saetana Mon 30-May-22 21:10:20

Beautiful dress - but if my ears stuck out that much I would not be emphasising them with that particular hairstyle. I think the hair would have looked great if it wasn't pulled back so far off her face.

TiggyW Tue 31-May-22 00:08:12

Is HM perhaps being cast as wife/mother of Legolas of Rivendell?!

AussieNanna Tue 31-May-22 02:44:43

Paperbackwriter

Do we HAVE to tear women to bits for their clothing choices? It's really so unsisterly!

well I dont think we were tearing her to bits - but we can comment on her appearance and style choices

as we could about a man too.

SuzieHi Tue 31-May-22 08:59:07

Witch like! Think she looks much better with short hair.

DanniRae Tue 31-May-22 12:32:51

Riverwalk

Actresses, including A-listers & Oscar-winners like the lovely HM, pose on the red carpet in their finery. They turn, twirl, look over their shoulder coyly to make sure there's access to shots of their bum for tomorrow's papers.

It's all part of showbiz razzamatazz selling the film/brand.

They're fair game for posters to comment on their fashion choice, particularly when it's a somewhat different look!

It's not heartbreaking, unsisterly or unkind.

Riverwalk
I totally agree!

Purplepixie Tue 31-May-22 12:36:24

I love it! She is allowed to look which ever way she chooses. Go for it girl!