Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My mother died today

(37 Posts)
Angib Mon 27-Feb-17 15:29:58

And I couldn't get to see her and say goodbye. We had been estranged for a little while but were slowly building bridges. She was admitted to hospital overnight and whilst on my way to see her she passed and now I feel so bad.

callgirl1 Tue 28-Feb-17 02:03:42

So sorry Angieb

grannyqueenie Tue 28-Feb-17 23:50:58

It's so hard when you've really tried to do the right thing, especially with a tricky relationship. Try not to give yourself too hard a time about it. I moved my, often difficult, mother 400 hundred miles to live closer to me and then managed to be out of town and 100 miles away when she died a year later. I felt hugely guilty, but it's just the way these things happen sometines. flowers

BlueBelle Wed 01-Mar-17 04:46:33

Angie I think it's so sad for you because with a bit more time you may have bridged the gap but you can in time concentrate on the fact she would have known you were trying

I think we all feel quilty what ever happens with our Mums and Dad I was with both mine but it doesn't stop me beating myself up because I was in such shock I don't think I held my Dad I was sitting right by him but I go back over and over in my mind and I don't think I even held his hand, but why didn't I surely I should have been giving him the comfort of touch I adored my dad but I sat like a statue

When my Nan died ( I had her living with me) I had left her room for an hour to be with the kids downstairs when I went back she had gone and I wasn't with her I couldn't believe that she was always frightened of dying alone

Crafting Wed 01-Mar-17 20:41:27

So sorry for your loss flowers

celebgran Thu 02-Mar-17 17:48:32

Sorry angib??

I had wonderful relationship with my mum she died over 30 years ago from cancer, sadly she passed in hospital I have been see her regularly was difficult children were small but i too wished had been with her at end,

However I always did my best for her so no regrets,

Will my estranged daughter have regrets i wonder?
I won't be around to know anyway,

celebgran Thu 02-Mar-17 17:49:29

Sorry went too quick menat to say angib it's great your were building bridges, that must been comfort to your mum hang onto that,

Desdemona Thu 02-Mar-17 18:04:59

Lots of love to you xx

Cath9 Fri 03-Mar-17 01:19:05

Sorry to hear you were not able to say goodbye, I know how you must feel as I was not able to say goodbye to my late husband.
Take your time and remember the good things that you experienced with your mum

MissAdventure Fri 03-Mar-17 09:43:10

So sorry for your loss. flowers

Fourboys Wed 15-Mar-17 11:14:06

Help please
I'm desperate for help with clothes for my dear mums funeral. I'm just about 5 foot tall and due to steroids very bloated especially around my middle, I'm also disabled and a bit bent over so walk with the help of a stick..
I'm terribly insecure especially about my size and would appreciate help on where to buy trousers with tapered legs but elasticated or large waistband.
I do like to look nice and have my hair done every week and also have gel nails done regularly.
There will be many relatives at the funeral who I haven't seen for many years, to add to my low self esteem the rest of the family are stick thin, please please help me

Christinefrance Wed 15-Mar-17 11:18:22

So sorry Angieb , you did your best and that is all any of us can do. Please take care of yourself now.
flowers