Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My daughter's partner

(121 Posts)
AlieOxon Wed 19-Jul-17 11:35:54

Some of you will know I lost my daughter Jayne suddenly two years ago, and also that her partner K has been struggling to cope ever since.

This morning I have had the police at my door to tell me Kieron has been found dead. In a field in Marston Ferry, Oxford.
I've been in contact with the police but haven't yet learned any more.
I did know he was feeling suicidal. so this is not entirely unexpected, but it is still a great shock.
I'm waiting for my sister to come from near Chepstow.

AlieOxon Thu 20-Jul-17 20:32:31

I'm so grateful for all the messages.

I've just heard that I may see both youngest grandsons on Sunday, if it can be arranged!

MiniMouse Thu 20-Jul-17 21:27:00

Hope it all goes ahead on Sunday Alie. A bittersweet time, but it will be lovely to see your Grandsons.

AlieOxon Fri 21-Jul-17 09:06:07

A bittersweet birthday for me today....

gillybob Fri 21-Jul-17 09:13:55

What a terrible shame. Happy Birthday Alie for what it's worth. I can't imagine you will fell like celebrating much. flowers

AlieOxon Fri 21-Jul-17 09:33:38

No. Was going to go on a picnic with my sister and her partner. We will do something later on...

shysal Fri 21-Jul-17 09:34:42

Birthday greetings to you Alie. I know it won't be a happy one sad. Hope the grandsons are coping. How old are they?

MiniMouse Fri 21-Jul-17 09:51:47

Birthday Greetings Alie A strange day for you, rather surreal I should imagine. Keep Sunday in your mind and keep talking to us all.

Luckygirl Fri 21-Jul-17 10:07:17

Birthday wishes to you. flowers

AlieOxon Fri 21-Jul-17 10:55:40

Yes, a bit surreal. I had a cry earlier.

But now thinking of things I can do with today.

My sister has just phoned....and when we have that picnic, we will try and include both grandsons (now 16 and 2 1/2) and auntie L who looks after the little one.

downsized Fri 21-Jul-17 16:07:56

Utterly shocked to read this, Alie. I remember you telling us of your daughter's death and this must be yet another tragedy for your family to bear. I'm so, so sorry.

Not happy circumstances for your birthday, but I send love, (((hugs))) and best wishes for happier times to come.flowers

kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 16:12:19

Wishing you as happy a birthday as you can manage in the circumstances. Try hard to recall the happy times and look forward to Sunday!

AlieOxon Fri 21-Jul-17 16:37:26

I am trying...not easy. But thanks everyone

cornergran Fri 21-Jul-17 18:58:21

Sunday will soon be here, alie, sending love on your birthday and wishing you as peaceful a night as possible.

AlieOxon Sat 22-Jul-17 07:22:45

Thanks - it wasn't the best birthday, but at least it's over. I did sleep, if not quite long enough.

Blood toxicology results may not be available until Friday.
I'm supposed to give a statement to the police on Tuesday when the one I spoke to is back...

We are possibly having a family meeting on Wednesday and complications are beginning to creep in, as nobody seems sure who is Kieron's next of kin.

Still feeling rather numb.

kittylester Sat 22-Jul-17 07:50:47

Just sending you love Alie and the hope that you get answers soon. Have a lovely day tomorrow!

suzied Sat 22-Jul-17 08:34:43

Is he the father of one of the children? He'd be the next of kin then, but I'm guessing not. It's all a horrible tragedy and I hope you at least manage a smile with the children and they give you some hope for the future??

AlieOxon Sat 22-Jul-17 10:07:53

At the moment I'm just hoping Sunday is going to happen!

Thing is when my daughter died, I thought I was next of kin, but it turned out her sons were. I even had those 'heir hunter' people round thinking I was, until I told them about 5 grandsons. And Kieron has a grown daughter by a previous partner.

KatyK Sat 22-Jul-17 13:23:17

So dreadful flowers

kittylester Sun 23-Jul-17 07:15:38

Thinking of you today, Alie - hope it 'happens' and is helpful for you. flowers

AlieOxon Sun 23-Jul-17 09:03:47

Well, as of now we are supposed to be meeting in Oxford this afternoon.

The 16-year-old, who I called KN before, only learned about Kieron on Friday and I have no idea how he will feel...
he lived with him and would have been his stepson if Jayne and Kieron had married. They used to be quite close.

A little worried. And it will probably rain!

TriciaF Sun 23-Jul-17 10:00:11

I've just read your post, Alie - how very sad flowers
I remember too what your wrote when your dear daughter died.
Wish I could find the words to comfort you.

Granof11 Sun 23-Jul-17 11:45:22

We are all thinking of you today. There are no words that are adequate during this tragic time.

AlieOxon Sun 23-Jul-17 12:14:04

Thank you all.

I'm waiting around and trying to distract myself by reading about trump....he always annoys me!
And finding little presents for the two boys....

MiniMouse Sun 23-Jul-17 13:10:19

Hope today is kind to you Alie. At least your feelings for Trump will help you let off steam!

AlieOxon Sun 23-Jul-17 18:46:59

Well, I'm back and have seen KN for a while. (Little k has a streaming cold so they didn't come.) We walked round Iffley Lock where i haven't been for ages.
Talked about a lot of things but very little about Kieron ....I think KN is still stunned and numb. Said we will talk again though. Very glad to see him again.