Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My daughter's partner

(121 Posts)
AlieOxon Wed 19-Jul-17 11:35:54

Some of you will know I lost my daughter Jayne suddenly two years ago, and also that her partner K has been struggling to cope ever since.

This morning I have had the police at my door to tell me Kieron has been found dead. In a field in Marston Ferry, Oxford.
I've been in contact with the police but haven't yet learned any more.
I did know he was feeling suicidal. so this is not entirely unexpected, but it is still a great shock.
I'm waiting for my sister to come from near Chepstow.

AlieOxon Fri 18-Aug-17 11:25:51

This is what I read in the church:

I have had so many letters from you, all from prison. One of them says about the future “I’m going to be a decent person for once, when I get out.” I wish you had made it. It’s so sad to think what you could have been and really wanted to be, in your heart.
You would have been my son-in-law, but my daughter Jayne died, and the drugs took you over. Believe me, we all tried very hard to help. I’m just so sorry that enough help wasn’t there, and what there was you couldn’t take. You were not a strong man, you were very messed up – but you were a loving man, and you made Jayne happy for a while.
I loved you for that. Thank you.

AlieOxon Fri 18-Aug-17 11:34:44

However.
The ceremony in the cemetery actually passed off peacefully. Thank goodness.

Before it started, I was speaking to the cemetery manager, and he told me that there had been a threat to stop the funeral!
From his description it was clearly my three oldest grandsons who had been there and said they would stop it. The manager had things in hand, had mustered his employees near, and was ready to phone the police if anything happened.......nothing did while we are there.

I am hoping nothing did later.
Bearing in mind that this is in the public domain, I'm not naming anyone here.

Welshwife Fri 18-Aug-17 11:49:16

I am glad that it went as well as it did Allie - after all this trauma over the last few years I hope you will now have time to really look after yourself and recharge your batteries. X X x

AlieOxon Fri 18-Aug-17 11:56:12

Me too.
I have had an anonymous call before I turned my phone on this morning - but that could be anything.

MiniMouse Fri 18-Aug-17 11:57:43

Glad that it went well yesterday Alie. Time for some healing for yourself now.

kittylester Fri 18-Aug-17 12:34:21

Just sending you lots of love Alie and talk to us again if it helps. flowers

Anya Fri 18-Aug-17 22:58:51

That was a lovely piece you read out Ali

Swanny Sat 19-Aug-17 13:47:59

Dear Alie such troubled times for you lately, and still a while to wait for the inquest I believe. Your reading sounds just right and I hope gave comfort to those willing to hear. Such additional stress at the cemetery when you least wanted it. I do hope tensions have calmed and wish you well flowers

annsixty Sat 19-Aug-17 14:00:13

You spoke from your heart Alie, that was brave and kind
I am so sad for you that your family can't unite over this tragedy. I assume your GS's are Jayne's sons. What a pity they feel this way towards the man who made their mother so happy.

grannyqueenie Sat 19-Aug-17 17:15:42

Alie what lovely words to read out, you're really brave to have done that especially as you had some anxieties about who would be there etc.
It sounds like you have some complicated family situations to cope with as well as the sadness you feel. I hope there are folk to care for you in the midst of it all flowers

AlieOxon Sat 19-Aug-17 17:20:12

I am just wishing today that my sister could be more supportive. She emailed me today after I told her about the threat at the cemetery and sounded as if she was excusing my GSs for what they had been doing.
She never asks for details - and then says things that always seem to invalidate my feelings.
She can be very supportive in other ways, but if I am upset, she can't deal with it in any helpful way!

I am actually really angry with them for this and the way things have been since Jayne died...I can't say this to her.

AlieOxon Sat 19-Aug-17 18:11:32

Thanks for all the messages.

Think everything has hit me this evening, I keep bursting into tears.

Starlady Sun 20-Aug-17 02:24:32

My deepest sympathies, Alie.

Your anger is understandable, but also probably part of your grief. Hope it feels better to be able to talk about it all here.

Starlady Sun 20-Aug-17 02:51:34

Please don't misunderstand me. Of course, you're angry at the threat and angry at your sister for trying to excuse it. I'm just suggesting that grief might magnify your anger, especially since nothing actually went wrong.

I guess the 3 older gss didn't like Kieron? But, obviously, that's no excuse to threaten to stop somebody funeral. I'm sorry you had to even hear anything like that.

I love what you read at the funeral. It was genuine, from the heart and brought tears to my eyes.

(((Hugs)))

cornergran Sun 20-Aug-17 03:52:38

Thinking about you alie, sending love and hugs.

kittylester Sun 20-Aug-17 07:35:18

You are often in my thoughts too, Alie flowers

baubles Sun 20-Aug-17 07:50:25

I've just seen this thread Alie, I'm so sorry.

AlieOxon Sun 20-Aug-17 08:56:37

It's so nice to get up and find more messages. Two I read at 4 in the morning

The death of my daughter is still very emotionally raw and of course this latest bereavement has brought it back in full.

Her sons don't seem to have thought that she would have been absolutely disgusted with them.

AlieOxon Mon 21-Aug-17 18:50:04

I heard today there have been no further problems at the cemetery.

AlieOxon Tue 22-Aug-17 19:56:08

I'm not going to call my GSs 'boys' any more. They were lovely boys years ago.Now they are in their 20s, grown men - two of them have children!

I'm disgusted with them and ashamed of them.