Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Said goodbye to Dad

(32 Posts)
minxie Wed 16-Jan-19 19:53:54

So at last we said goodbye to Dad, it was a lovely funeral and it was noted that the love was felt as the service was held.
Going to Dads house and seeing everything in the house just waiting for him is difficult
I sometimes go round and sit in his chair to be near him and I just stare at his cap
Life sucks at the moment

GrandmaMoira Thu 20-Jun-19 14:55:18

I'm sorry for your loss.

Floradora9 Thu 20-Jun-19 14:58:11

Sad for you but be happy you had a good dad . I do not have a single happy memory of mine .

crazyH Thu 20-Jun-19 15:07:28

Condolences Minxie ..
Jan321, so sorry. My husband left for another woman and married her. For years he did not want to know our children. It was 'meet me at McDonald's ', never invited them to his house. Now that he is in his 70s he's trying to build a relationship with them....my daughter has fallen for it, but the boys cannot forget how he ignored them in the early days of separation. Mind you, she was always a daddy's girl.

vena11 Thu 20-Jun-19 15:11:40

Lovely to have happy memoires of parents, I still miss mine after all these years and think of them every day .

Willynilly Thu 20-Jun-19 17:15:22

minxie it matters little how old we get, our dads are still so very special, and when they leave us we rightly feel lost and alone. I will continue to miss mine every day of my life.

seacliff I too have 'everyday' diaries, right up to 2 days before he died and they comfort me.

flowers

annep1 Thu 20-Jun-19 23:30:41

Condolences. flowers