Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My DD in Australia has miscarried

(32 Posts)
BlueBelle Thu 21-May-20 15:51:52

Galaxy although I was very close with my mum and dad I don’t think I even told them when I lost a baby I did talk to friends and that seemed enough it was forty something years ago but still wonder about this little baby that never was
It’s very sad for you both glennie but let it be, she has a kind caring husband and seems to have supportive friends so try not to bring it up unless she does just let her know you are always there if she needs anything it’s hard for us to realise our children are not our babies to make better any more

Doodle Thu 21-May-20 15:45:00

So sorry for you and your daughter. flowers

Galaxy Thu 21-May-20 15:36:35

I am sorry to hear that. I had a miscarriage and went straight back to work very soon afterwards. People cope in different ways. I 'talked' about it on mumsnet to people I didnt know and it helped. It sounds like she may be doing that with the miscarriage group. It is often helpful to talk to women who have been through it, it's sometimes easier than talking to people you know. I think you just have to follow her lead flowers

paddyanne Thu 21-May-20 14:56:47

I had several miscarriages ,after the first loss I didn't tell anyone before 16 weeks ,my time I felt it would go well.Ifelt that with the first I'd had to carry everyone esles grief as well as my own and I just wanted to be left alone.Give your daughter time and space and let her deal with it her own way. Even my mum didn't knw about them until years later.When I was pregnant with my son,my last pregnancy ,I was taken into hospital with pre eclampsia ,one of the nurses was a friend of mums and I had to swear her to secrecy until baby was safely delivered at 28 weeks ,then of course people had to know .We all have our own way of coping,try to talk to her about other things not her loss ,she'll talk when its right for her.

Newatthis Thu 21-May-20 14:51:23

I agree with Wibby. My thoughts and sympathy are with both of you. Just be there for her.

Wibby Thu 21-May-20 14:49:03

Its still very early days for her, dont push her, just tell her that when shes ready to talk you will be there for her.

glennie59 Thu 21-May-20 14:39:31

Hi, my first posting so please bear with me. My daughter miscarried her first child two weeks ago, and I need advice on how to help her. At the moment she will not face time but will message me if I message her. She is a nurse and is working crazy hours to distract herself, she has joined a forum for miscarriage I have talked to her about counselling but she is not willing and I hope I have avoided all the platitudes. Today she told me she was in a black place, she has told two of her friends and I should say she has a very caring husband. I myself feel like I am crying inside and all I want to do is fly over and hug her. Any advice is welcome