Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My husband has died

(84 Posts)
Kate8 Sun 30-May-21 00:17:39

Oh thank you so much everyone. My family are wonderful, we really are lucky to have each other but I'm too young to be a widow! If someone had told me 5 weeks ago that David would not be here now I just wouldn't have believed them. I know everyone's situation is different but I would really appreciate advice from anyone in a similar position. Practical stuff I'm ok with its just the disbelief I'm struggling with, when I admit he's gone what the hell am I going to do!

Ro60 Sun 30-May-21 00:10:05

Dear Kate so sorry David is no longer with you. So young too.

'Life's not fair' - as my dear brother used to say...

Kate8 Sun 30-May-21 00:09:28

Hithere, thank you for replying, this is the first time I have been on here ( or any other online group) but I already feel among friends. I just can't believe I won't get to speak or see him again, David was the one I would turn to, he should be here .

Doodle Sun 30-May-21 00:04:43

Oh Kate I’m so sorry. I don’t have the words. Sincere condolences to your family. What a shock for you all flowers

Nana3 Sun 30-May-21 00:04:16

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Kate8 and send my condolences. Such a terrible shock for you and your family.
There is always someone here for you if you want to keep posting.

rubysong Sun 30-May-21 00:02:52

So sad, Kate. I hope your family are around to comfort and help you. May he rest in peace and may his memory be a blessing.

mokryna Sun 30-May-21 00:01:49

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. flowers

Hithere Sat 29-May-21 23:57:28

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kate8 Sat 29-May-21 23:56:24

My husband died on the 30th of April, he was 62 and I'm 56. We'd been married 28 years and I love him with all my heart. His name is David and he had been admitted to hospital 10 days before he died. His illness came out of the blue. We have 5 children and 9 grandchildren and we're numb. David's funeral is next Tuesday. I'm numb, I wasn't ready!