Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My husbands funeral tomorrow how will I cope?

(133 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Wed 31-Aug-22 21:04:13

I know just how you feel. My husband died nearly 6 years ago, and I was terrified of the funeral day. But everything went according to plan, with a couple of very nice extra happenings, and that night I slept better than I had in ages. Obviously I still miss him, but it does get better over time. If your family are with you tomorrow, and I`m sure they will be, they will see you through it all. All the Best x

B9exchange Wed 31-Aug-22 21:03:58

This is a dreadful time for you and there is indeed no easy way through it.

But you will get through it, as your husband would want you to. Of course many people on here will be thinking of you and praying that you feel supported. In 24 hours it will all be over. You won't have lessened your grief, you can only learn to live alongside it in your own time, but you will be out the other side of this particular crisis. It is not too late to ring one of your children and say that you would like company, if that would help. I send you my love and prayers, and a virtual hug!

Smileless2012 Wed 31-Aug-22 21:02:02

I'm so sorry for your loss 1summer. You'll have your family and friends for support and somehow you'll get through tomorrowflowers.

Fleurpepper Wed 31-Aug-22 21:00:53

oh lsummer, I am not good with words- but just want you to know your post really touched me, I just can't imagine.

Your children will be there with you and hold your hand, and you can do it, you truly can. And if you break down, then you do- no need for this stiff upper lip, everyone will understand.

Try to get some sleep hugs

JaneJudge Wed 31-Aug-22 21:00:23

I'm so sorry flowers but you sound normal x
you will be strong enough to do this, let your children support you

Nannytopsy Wed 31-Aug-22 20:59:33

Didn’t!

Nannytopsy Wed 31-Aug-22 20:59:20

Of course you want him back. I have no advice but did want to read and pass by. I wish you strength for tomorrow. flowers

1summer Wed 31-Aug-22 20:56:58

Sorry to trouble you but its my husbands funeral tomorrow and I am having a blip! I have organised everything with my children and they keep saying it will be a wonderful celebration of his life. They did say they would stay with me tonight but said I would be fine but I am not. I feel sick and shaky thinking I can’t go through with it, it seems so final.
Visitors today tell me that after tomorrow I can start grieving I can start a journey of recovery. I want to shout no no no, I don’t want to be on this journey and will never recover.
I almost feel like running away and not going tomorrow but I won’t I have to do this for my family.
I just want him back.