Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Great reads for Christmas. Win over £500 worth of amazing books!

(838 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 12-Nov-14 15:22:35

Over the festive season we love nothing more than curling up with a good book and a box of mince pie or two. And this year there are some VERY good books indeed. So we asked all the publishers we work with to nominate one of their favourite reads to enjoy this Christmas. And here they all are in one handy list.

Better still - one lucky gransnetter can win the ENTIRE lot. Yup - that's every book featured on the page. Worth more than £500. In our book (no pun intended) that's a pretty fine haul at any time of year - and absolutely perfect for Christmas.

We just want to know where you like reading. Your answers will be put into the very large hat and a draw (made at random) will take place at midday on Weds 10 December - so the winner will receive their prize in plenty of time for the big day. All the details on the page

sweetjaydee Wed 10-Dec-14 10:03:22

I suffer from agoraphobia , have done for over 18 yrs ..so my favourite place is curling up on a sofa in my hubbies arms and reading ..you cant beat that feeling

scooter Wed 10-Dec-14 10:20:08

I love taking a cup of tea and chocs to bed on a cold winter night, snuggle down comfy with my book, surrounded by loads of pillows.

bcooke Wed 10-Dec-14 10:51:55

I always read in bed at night but sometimes indulge in a lazy day and curl up in a comfy armchair overlooking the garden.

chrisfh Wed 10-Dec-14 10:58:40

I love sitting reading in the garden. I take a latte outside and enjoy the open air whilst getting lost in a book.

snowshoehair Wed 10-Dec-14 11:11:58

I love reading in bed to relax and wind down at the end of the day.

larelle Wed 10-Dec-14 11:40:57

The only place I like to read is in bed at night. I'm very easily distracted when reading, so in bed at night, I can give the book I'm reading my undivided attention in the peace and confort.

hannahlw85 Wed 10-Dec-14 11:51:00

In bed with the bog on top of the quilt beside me

mysticwen Wed 10-Dec-14 11:53:13

in the garden - moving to the conservatory in winter love to be close to the garden

shell Wed 10-Dec-14 11:53:19

I like to read in the kitchen it's quieter

eviesgranma Wed 10-Dec-14 12:48:38

My favorite place to read had got to be in a nice hot bath !

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 10-Dec-14 13:30:52

Soooo many great ideas

The Gransnet HQ preferred position is propped up on lots of pillows with a large box of Lindor to hand.

All your answers went into the empty Lindor box hat and the winner picked out was...etheltbags1. Congratulations (and much book envy) from us - watch out for an email coming your way shortly.

Rubyviolet Sat 13-Dec-14 16:59:37

Usually in bed before I go to sleep . If the book is really good though I don't get much sleep!