I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. This is very long I'm afraid.
We already look after our eldest grandchild (have done since birth and he is now 10) but our other two grandchildren (from two different fathers!) have now been taken into care because their mother has shacked up with another loser who has a criminal record as long as your arm and she'd rather give the kids up than him.
Anyway we have always had the second oldest grandchild weekends, holidays, after school sometimes and every Christmas. We only just started having the youngest (girl aged 3) when this low life committed criminal damage and domestic violence and so we thought we had to protect both kids.
Anyway the result of all this is that the girl came round and started threatening us with the police if I didn't give her what she wanted, she threatened the oldest by saying that this low life will come round and sort him out if he didn't let her play on his football table.
Anyway we had them both three weekends on the trot (which he didn't like). The last weekend we had them I got accused of hitting her on the thigh and left a bruise (which I did not do). Anyway instead of going to the police station that day (Sunday) they waited until Monday and he took her to school and started ranting at them. We ended up being questioned by the police on the Monday evening with no warning (all 3 of us). We all told the same story, which was the truth (we had no chance to make one up (unlike them) as we did not know they were coming until they turned up on the doorstep. Even No.1 grandson got interviewed on his own (which I was not very happy about).
Anyway they decided the bruise was an old bruise and I could not have done it and everyone knows how accident prone she is and she was always falling over and not looking where she was going and climbing on climbing frames and bouncy castles that weekend also.
Our conundrum is that as she has done this we really are not sure whether we can take her on but we would really love the boy to be part of our family and do everything that the other one does but the Social Worker has said that they do not like splitting siblings up but in another meeting he said she was adoptable but the boy was not, to which we replied that's fine she can be adopted and we'll have the boy.
He has now turned round and said in his experience it is usually both or none. The other thing he has not taken into consideration is that we already have one half-brother who does want him to come and live with us, they all have different fathers and that the boys do not like the girl in any event and she is always pushing her half-brother around, taking his toys and breaking them.
We have been given no advice on what the next step is and we are just waiting round for the Social Worker to ring us. He told us that we get one session of supervised contact a week but as yet this has not happened. Apparently she gets two sessions.
Sorry again for the long post but could someone please let us know where we stand, what we should be doing and whether we should go for both or stick by our guns and go for just the boy and risk losing both of them.
SueBee47 Wed 31-Aug-16 18:15:58
Anya Wed 31-Aug-16 18:35:16
Jalima Wed 31-Aug-16 18:42:29
SueDonim Wed 31-Aug-16 18:50:11
BlueBelle Wed 31-Aug-16 18:56:05
SueBee47 Wed 31-Aug-16 19:26:26
SueBee47 Wed 31-Aug-16 19:50:30
Iam64 Wed 31-Aug-16 21:08:49
M0nica Wed 31-Aug-16 21:55:27
caz55 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:05:11
f77ms Wed 31-Aug-16 22:33:32
Jalima Wed 31-Aug-16 22:51:47
SueDonim Wed 31-Aug-16 23:11:26
Jalima Wed 31-Aug-16 23:30:07
Jalima Wed 31-Aug-16 23:42:24
Iam64 Thu 01-Sep-16 08:56:53
SueBee47 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:25:47
DaphneBroon Fri 02-Sep-16 10:59:16
Elegran Fri 02-Sep-16 11:16:09
Jalima Fri 02-Sep-16 11:37:40
Elegran Fri 02-Sep-16 11:48:59
ffinnochio Fri 02-Sep-16 12:02:37
Sugarpufffairy Wed 07-Sep-16 23:12:31
Iam64 Thu 08-Sep-16 08:30:15
Sugarpufffairy Fri 09-Sep-16 14:47:26