Gransnet forums

Chat

Carole Middleton

(72 Posts)
Riverwalk Tue 23-Jul-13 17:13:34

Although I'm not particularly a monarchist, can't help feeling pleased for Catherine's mother ..... she's gone from a council house in Southall to being the grandmother of a future monarch.

Not bad !crown

Ana Mon 29-Jul-13 10:39:25

Oh dear...it does sound as though palace circles are getting a bit twitchy about the 'commoners' label hmm

merlotgran Mon 29-Jul-13 11:32:46

Michael Middleton Why not just give him a knighthood?

For services to harrassed mothers who are expected to organise the very latest in 'must have' birthday parties for their offspring.

Sel Mon 29-Jul-13 12:34:48

Interesting to read some of the comments after your link merlot 'Beggars belief' is mine. shock

CelticRose Wed 31-Jul-13 21:40:20

Just reading the threads. Have you forgotten, Nonu, that John Prescott is Lord somebody or other. There are other similar oddities but they escape me at the moment. I thought it was E & C of Bucklebury anyway. The main thing is, does it hit the taxpayer? Will we have our pensions frozen to pay for their ermine robes? Perhaps they will open their hice to the paying public and put their wedding clothes on display to help pay for the upkeep and then move to a castle.

Nonu Wed 31-Jul-13 21:48:34

You know what Celtic , you are going to go down a storm at G/N , you obviously have the right "mind-set".

You seem "to have all your ducks in a row".

smile smile

Ana Wed 31-Jul-13 21:52:09

Nonu! grin

Nonu Wed 31-Jul-13 21:56:26

ANA grin x

Nonu Wed 31-Jul-13 21:57:38

celtic plus x for you . Enjoy G/N

Galen Wed 31-Jul-13 22:01:17

confused

CelticRose Wed 31-Jul-13 22:04:38

Thank you, Nonu. I consider that high praise indeed. Actually, this is why I joined GN. I like the way they think. They are getting to be like old friends. Actually, you might be able to help me. I am going to something called a "Virtual Party" on Friday that Galen is organising and I need to take a broomstick. There was something mentioned about Welsh dress code, too. Snowdon and Alnwick have been mentioned as the party place to be. I have to confess that I have not got a clue what a virtual party is. Have you been to one of these? Are they painful? In the meantime, it is bedtime for me. My DD gave me a Tequila shot to try about an hour ago and I am quite fuddled. (God help me on Friday). Laters.

Nonu Wed 31-Jul-13 22:11:25

I am afraid I have never been to a virtual party , so I am not the one to ask . !

The lovely Galen is the hostess this time , so I she can can give you all the info. you need .

Don"t be shy , I am led to believe they are fun, I am busy studying "The Racing Post " at the moment to see if I can get some more winners at Goodwood.

Ana Wed 31-Jul-13 22:18:41

We don't all think the same way, CelticRose, in case you haven't noticed!

As for virtual parties, each one is different and I'm sure you'll soon find your feet (or broomstick).

Ariadne Thu 01-Aug-13 06:47:40

Indeed we don't all think along the same lines, Ana! It's one of the good things about GN, isn't it? There's always another point of view to make one think again.

Celtic - look forward to seeing you at the party, wherever it is.

CelticRose Thu 01-Aug-13 07:56:01

So. Not everyone goes to virtual parties then. I had better check dress code to see if I need pointy hat thingy. I stopped studying the form as I never seemed to back a horse with 4 legs - or a rider come to that. Just as lucky with the lotto, too. Never mind. At least with the lotto my non winnings go to a good cause such as re-furbishing housing fit for a prince. King even. As I said. I like the way GN thinks. Free spirits. Where did I say at any point that they all think as I do.

CelticRose Thu 01-Aug-13 08:17:37

Galen. Why confused . Something I said about VP? Whilst I am here. Do you have code of conduct or dress? Are we informal or is there a seating arrangement? Do we have dance cards? Do we bring our own drinks and nibbles PS Never had vodka jelly. Only had whole watermelon soaked in voddy served ice cold. Am I on right wave length? Or are VPs a different kind of party?

MargaretX Thu 01-Aug-13 17:30:43

one thing is certain. the ancient royals marrying out of their class always married good looks- I once read in a history book 'it refines the nose and the chin' See what baby George looks like.......

Galen Thu 01-Aug-13 18:07:23

Celtic why not?grin it wasn't you, it was Ana and Nonu

Ana Thu 01-Aug-13 18:10:08

That's right, blame us! (grumble, grumble....)

Galen Thu 01-Aug-13 18:12:45

It's very informal. Chose your transport (broomsticks of various models always popular, but there are chariots, magic carpets and I've just acquired a magnificent flying fourposter bed at horrendous expense. It is automatic with power steering though)
Very informal we'll probably have a BBQ, so bring some food to share and alcohol.
Dress is optional, but if its cold you may wish to wear something.
Does this help?

Nonu Thu 01-Aug-13 18:15:26

blush wasn"t me missus !!!

Nonu Thu 01-Aug-13 18:16:36

I had my head deep in The Racing Post , so there .